Topics

how to get nvda to read continuously

marvin kotler

Good evening list.  My name is Marv and I am new to the group and nvda.  NVDA is not my main screen reader, but I do use it a good portion of the time.  My question is how do you get him to read continuously like jaws say all? Any help would be appreciated. 

Lino Morales

Howdy Marvin. NVDA puls down arrow. Same as JAWS.

On 3/4/2016 8:08 PM, marvin kotler wrote:
Good evening list.  My name is Marv and I am new to the group and nvda.  NVDA is not my main screen reader, but I do use it a good portion of the time.  My question is how do you get him to read continuously like jaws say all? Any help would be appreciated. 

Rob

marvin kotler <m.kotler53@gmail.com> wrote:
My question is how do you get him to read continuously like jaws say all? Any help would be appreciated.
Use NVDA+down arrow.

Gerardo Corripio

Depending on wihch keyboard layout you're using: Laptop layout Reading continuously is NVDA+a; Desktop keyboard is NVDA+DOWN ARROW.

El 04/03/2016 07:07 p.m., Rob escribió:
marvin kotler <m.kotler53@gmail.com> wrote:
My question is how do you get him to read continuously like jaws say all? Any help would be appreciated.
Use NVDA+down arrow.

--
Enviado desde mi lap
Gerardo J Corripio Flores Psicólogo, Terapéuta Reiki
Saludos desde Tampico, Tamaulipas México

marvin kotler

I tried insert plus down arrow; nvda quit reading after the first line.

Sent: Friday, March 04, 2016 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] how to get nvda to read continuously

Hi Marvin,

Eh? Which down arrow key are you pressing? It should be the inverted T (non-Numpad) down arrow, as numpad down arrow is reserved for a different feature.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Friday, March 4, 2016 5:24 PM
To: nvda@groups.io

Gene

You can't use insert with numpad down arrow.  You have to use insert with down arrow on the main keyboard. 

Gene

Sent: Friday, March 04, 2016 7:23 PM