how to get telugu language on my nvda

sazid shaik

hello friends,
i am using nvda version nvda_2021.3.1rc1 on my windows 7 but i m
unable to read telugu language on my computer. but i searched in
settings but could not find this language.

please tell me how to instal that?

thanks and regards,
sazid

Have you ever had it on another machine?

I cannot find any Microsoft supplied language option for Telugu for text to speech, though under Windows 10 it does exist for the Windows interface itself.

This is a function of the synth you are using so you'd need one that includes Telugu among the languages it can read.  If you had it before, then you need to check out what configuration was in use where you did have it before.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill

Gene

I just checked and Telugu is available using E-Speak.  there may be other options but I’m informing you of this one.

Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2021 9:23 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] how to get telugu language on my nvda

Have you ever had it on another machine?

I cannot find any Microsoft supplied language option for Telugu for text to speech, though under Windows 10 it does exist for the Windows interface itself.

This is a function of the synth you are using so you'd need one that includes Telugu among the languages it can read.  If you had it before, then you need to check out what configuration was in use where you did have it before.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill

sazid shaik

Edited

thanks

Naresh kumar P.

Hi,

Write to me at
nareshyadavp26@...
I will help you. I use NVDA to read Telugu.

Thank you,
Naresh

Kakarla Nageswaraiah

Dear Sajid Sir,
Has your problem been solved? If no, do the following:
1. Select eSpeak as the TTS engine by pressing insert+ctrl+s.
2. Now, press ctrl+insert+v for NVDA settings and press tab a couple
of times and select Telugu voice from the combo box and press enter.
3. You can also use other TTS engines if you had already installed
them. For instance, Hear2Read, Geeta.
Regards.

On 12/29/21, Naresh kumar P. <nareshyadavp26@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Write to me at
nareshyadavp26@gmail.com

--
కాకర్ల నాగేశ్వరయ్య

K. Nageswaraiah

sazid shaik

Edited

thanks sir, my problem was solved.
thanks and regards,
sazid

Louder Pages

Hello,  Have you tried the Telugu voice from Hear 2 Read, It has a SAPI-5 interface, and we have been giving guidance to the team on building an NVDA add-on.

I would be interested to hear your opinion of the quality. I am sure it is better than E-speak.

Regards,  Louder Pages