How to move the focus to the cursor in LAPTOP

firebull

I have low vision and use the mouse a lot. I'm not used to the keyboard.

In NVDA, if I need to go back a word or move forward, I can't do it with the mouse. If I'm in the middle of a page, even with the mouse over some text, but I press the arrow keys on the keyboard, the navigation focus will start from above.

I've seen that it's possible to make the focus go to the mouse cursor, but I can't do that on the laptop layout.

In the desktop layout, I think it's something like NVDA+Multiply and NVDA+Shift+Numpad-

Help me please.

Jujube

Try NVDA+backspace or NVDA+shift+backspace.

On Nov 8, 2021, at 3:37 PM, firebull <pr7.coelho@...> wrote:

I have low vision and use the mouse a lot. I'm not used to the keyboard.

In NVDA, if I need to go back a word or move forward, I can't do it with the mouse. If I'm in the middle of a page, even with the mouse over some text, but I press the arrow keys on the keyboard, the navigation focus will start from above.

I've seen that it's possible to make the focus go to the mouse cursor, but I can't do that on the laptop layout.

In the desktop layout, I think it's something like NVDA+Multiply and NVDA+Shift+Numpad-

Help me please.

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Are you aware you can have character, words line and sentences I think it is spoken when you move the mouse across say the above.

You need mouse tracking turned on use the nvda key + letter M to do this Then you can move your mouse over the word etc and it will be spoken out.

Under the settins of nvda under the mouse section is where you can change between those levels of what is spoken out.

If you do not want to go in there all the time ilocate the gestures menu then I think it is mouse section then find the one that lets you asign a shortcut key to go between those levels which get spoken out under the mouse.

The other way if you want it spoken out under the mouse instead of moving the physical mouse is get the golden cursor add on and instal it.

It will then let you move the mouse around with certain shortcut keys with more control.

For example • Windows+NVDA+arrow keys (or just arrow keys if mouse arrows is on): move mouse.
Note: these gestures can be reassigned via NVDA's Input Gestures dialog under Golden Cursor

The link to where you can get it is https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/goldenCursor.en.html

I am maybe guessing this is what you want? to be done?

Gene nz