locked how to use my windows laptop as hot spot?

sazid

hello friends,
can i use my laptop as hotspot for shareing data to various devices?
my windows is 7. please reply me as early as.

thanks and regards,
sazid

Ted Galanos

I think that if your laptop has a cellular modem in it, you can use it as a hotspot. However, if it is just a regular Wi-Fi network card, then no. I, however, have used my iPhone with cellular service as a hotspot when the Internet went down in my nursing home for a weekend.

Ted Galanos
www.GalanosConsulting.com
713-396-3495
Please consider donating to my ABLE account.
https://www. ablegifting.com/TX/K9L8A2

On Mar 21, 2021, at 5:39 AM, sazid <skstraders.nlr@...> wrote:

hello friends,
can i use my laptop as hotspot for shareing data to various devices?
my windows is 7.  please reply me as early as.

thanks and regards,
sazid

As Ted has implied, that really depends on how you are defining hotspot.

If you want it to act as a real hotspot, it must have internet connectivity so that it can send data "out there" whether it has it via an internal wireless connection like smartphones use or it's just connected to the internet by WiFi.  It will use whatever connection it has in the hotspot function to get things to cyberspace.

If you want it to act as a local area network, without necessarily being in contact with cyberspace, that can be done, too.  It's really the same concept as when your modem router somehow loses connectivity to cyberspace.  Even though that's gone, all the devices that are connected to it within your home, business, whatever can still communicate with each other.

Settings, Network & Internet, Mobile Hotspot Pane.  The toggle to turn this feature on says, Share my internet connection with other devices.  And that clearly states what it does as far as a connection to the internet.  If you have no connection to the internet, then it can't be shared, but you can still have connectivity between devices with the computer acting as the router.

Any additional deep diving into this feature should occur either on the Chat Subgroup or the Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users Group (or another venue of your choosing).

      ~ Anton Chekhov

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 06:39 AM, sazid wrote:
my windows is 7.
-
Oops, missed this part.  To my knowledge, no.

Since the free upgrade path to Windows 10 still exists, and Windows 7 is out of support . . .

      ~ Anton Chekhov

sazid shaik

thanks for replying me, i am using wired internet to my laptop i.e local LAN.
my nvda is not reading when i open
Settings, Network & Internet, Mobile Hotspot
please tell me how to do this
[...]

          Now, I will state three things clearly:

1. This is not an NVDA related question, but about Windows 10.

2.  You said you are using Windows 7, which is out of support, and which I stated does not have the mobile hotspot feature as part of the OS.

3.  Discussions of out of support software, which includes Windows 7, is in violation of group rules.

Again, you can't do what you want under Windows 7.  And if you've upgraded to Windows 10, this is a question that should be directed to the Chat Subgroup or the Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users Group.

But, if you have upgraded to WIndows 10, it would make sense to add the WIndows 10 App Essentials Add-On to NVDA.  It gives added support to many areas of the Windows 10 Settings, and could solve your issue.

This topic is now locked.

      ~ Anton Chekhov