Topics

Humanware Brailliant issue

Jonathan Milam

For some reason, the option for the Humanware Braille display driver has disappeared from the list of Braille Displays in NVDA.  I am using the latest version, and even tried reinstalling NVDA but this hasn’t helped.  It was there last week, but isn’t now.  Any ideas on how I can restore it and how it may have disappeared?

Thanks,

Jonathan

David Csercsics

Which version of the screen reader do you have? I have a Brailliant BI 40 here and it seems the driver is still here, but I can  see if I can figure out what’s going on. If worse comes to worse you can restore NVDA to factory defaults, or failing that, reinstall NVDA from scratch.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: September 9, 2019 10:51
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Humanware Brailliant issue

For some reason, the option for the Humanware Braille display driver has disappeared from the list of Braille Displays in NVDA.  I am using the latest version, and even tried reinstalling NVDA but this hasn’t helped.  It was there last week, but isn’t now.  Any ideas on how I can restore it and how it may have disappeared?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jonathan Milam

Well I actually have it working now with Automatic, but it’s still not showing up in the Braille displays list.  I will restore or uninstall/reinstall if it continues.

Thanks,

Jonathan

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Csercsics
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2019 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Humanware Brailliant issue

Which version of the screen reader do you have? I have a Brailliant BI 40 here and it seems the driver is still here, but I can  see if I can figure out what’s going on. If worse comes to worse you can restore NVDA to factory defaults, or failing that, reinstall NVDA from scratch.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: September 9, 2019 10:51
Subject: [nvda] Humanware Brailliant issue

Thanks,

Jonathan

Brian Tew

Weird! If you have braille extender, try disabling it and see what happens.

David Csercsics

Yes, that’s very weird indeed. I have seen no problems with braille here, so I’m not sure what’s going on. If I run into anything though, I’ll let the list know. Thanks for the heads up!