Topics

I can't read table of content with nvda

Aschalew Byness

Hi you lovely guys
I couldn’t read table of contents with NVDA. Whenever I try to read
table of contents, nvda reads: out of link TOC \o "1-3" \h \z \u
link .
My sighted friends read the full content of the TOC. Nvda skips it
this way. ‘out of link TOC \o "1-3" \h \z \u link .

Solution?

Daniel Damacena

Which software do you refer to?
If you're talking about adobe reader or adobe digital editions, yes, you can read the toc.

--
Daniel Damacena

Aschalew Byness

I am reading word document. nvda reads all but the table of content.
this happens when I read many word documents with table of contents

On 8/1/20, Daniel Damacena <@DanielDamacena> wrote:
Which software do you refer to?
If you're talking about adobe reader or adobe digital editions, yes, you
can read the toc.

Em sáb., 1 de ago. de 2020 às 04:59, Aschalew Byness <
gakidan.ashagre235@...> escreveu:

Hi you lovely guys
I couldn’t read table of contents with NVDA. Whenever I try to read
table of contents, nvda reads: out of link TOC \o "1-3" \h \z \u
link .
My sighted friends read the full content of the TOC. Nvda skips it
this way. ‘out of link TOC \o "1-3" \h \z \u link .

Solution?

--
Daniel Damacena

Quentin Christensen

Are you using any add-ons?  If you restart NVDA with add-ons disabled does it make a difference?  (NVDA+Q, then down arrow to restart with add-ons disabled and enter).

Also which version of Word, and which version of NVDA?

Finally, if you could email me directly such a Word document, I can have a look and see if I can reproduce anything.  Just having a look through our issues, I can't immediately see anything that looks similar.  Maybe it is something to do with how the table of contents was created.  Do you know if the files were created in Word, or imported from something else?

Finally, one other thing you can do, particularly if it is how the TOC has been created, you could always select it, delete and recreate (ALT+S, then T, then either ENTER for the default, or select a TOC layout first hten enter).

Regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 9:46 PM Daniel Damacena <danieldamacena.ma@...> wrote:
Which software do you refer to?
If you're talking about adobe reader or adobe digital editions, yes, you can read the toc.

Em sáb., 1 de ago. de 2020 às 04:59, Aschalew Byness <gakidan.ashagre235@...> escreveu:
Hi you lovely guys
I couldn’t read table of contents with NVDA. Whenever I try to read
table of contents, nvda reads: out of link  TOC \o "1-3" \h \z \u
link   .
My sighted friends read the full content of the TOC. Nvda skips it
this way. ‘out of link  TOC \o "1-3" \h \z \u   link   .

Solution?

--
Daniel Damacena

--