I could really do with some help, NVDA is no longer reading out any content in my browsers, except Internet explorer and keeps saying chrome legacy window

Khalid Anwar

At the moment, NVDA is just not really reading out any information in Microsoft edge or Google Chrome, Though Internet explorer still works, I’ve tried loading narrator and while there is a bit of a delay in the speech, it still works. Occasionally though, NVDA will announce chrome legacy window for no apparent reason.
I’ve tried running the fixing tool and I’m running the latest version 2021.3.5 and of course I restarted the computer and NVDA itself multiple times both with and without the add-ons but nothing seems to work.

Hi,

I'm afraid we're missing what I might call the "biggest puzzle piece" here - please tell us the version of Chrome and Edge you have.

Cheers,

Joseph

It wouldn't hurt to know the Windows environment that's involved, too.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  The most very basic information that is needed when issues are occurring includes:

Windows Version and Build
NVDA Version
Version(s) of specific software where the issue is occurring.

Ideally, it would also include, in the case of web browser issues, a couple of URLs for pages where the issue is occurring, a description of what's actually happening, and  a description of what was expected that isn't happening.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed