IMPORTANT: Clock and Calendar add-on is abandoned and end of support, no plans for future releases, use alternatives

Hi everyone,

I see that Clock and Calendar add-on is not showing as compatible with just released NVDA 2022.1. There is a story to that:

A few months ago, folks from NVDA add-ons community reached out to the original author of Clock add-on about add-on maintenance, and the author noted that he will not be able to maintain it. I, the last known maintainer of this add-on, have long ago abandoned maintenance of this add-on (back in December 2021) with no plans for NVDA 2022.1 compatibility then. The add-ons community was and still is looking for maintainers of this add-on. But for now:

I hereby announce that Clock and Calendar add-on is abandoned and end of support. There are no plans for future releases, and compatibility with future NVDA releases cannot be guaranteed. Please use alternatives such as Windows 10 and 11 Alarms and Clock app or other apps and services offering time keeping/calendar/stopwatch/timer features. The add-on may become supported again if new maintainers step forward to maintain this add-on.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz <zvonimirek222@...>

Hi,

I hereby declare, that i am going to step in when it comes to write thee support for the latest NVDA version.

Best,

Zvonimir

[...]

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

When Joseph refers to other apps such as Windows 10/11 Alarms and Clock app, is this an NVDA app or is it something built into Windows itself?

--
Signature:

Eduardo Fermiano Luccas

it's a windows application

Em seg., 23 de mai. de 2022 às 11:00, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> escreveu:

[...]

joinville, brasil
músico e editor de áldio iniciante

farhan israk

I used to use  clock addon so that nvda automatically announces the current time after each 15 minutes. What alternative addon or app can I use for the same purpose?

Rui Fontes

Is not the best way, but change the manifest.ini to accept last version 2022.1 and it will work...

Rui Fontes

Às 17:13 de 23/05/2022, farhan israk escreveu:

I used to use  clock addon so that nvda automatically announces the current time after each 15 minutes. What alternative addon or app can I use for the same purpose?

farhan israk

Thank you. How can I do it?

On Mon, 23 May 2022, 11:37 pm Rui Fontes, <rui.fontes@...> wrote:

Is not the best way, but change the manifest.ini to accept last version 2022.1 and it will work...

Rui Fontes

Às 17:13 de 23/05/2022, farhan israk escreveu:
I used to use  clock addon so that nvda automatically announces the current time after each 15 minutes. What alternative addon or app can I use for the same purpose?

Rui Fontes

Just open the file manifest.ini in NotePad and change the line starting with lastTestedNVDAVersion

to be like this:

lastTestedNVDAVersion = 2022.1

Rui Fontes

Às 20:55 de 23/05/2022, farhan israk escreveu:

Thank you. How can I do it?

On Mon, 23 May 2022, 11:37 pm Rui Fontes, <rui.fontes@...> wrote:

Is not the best way, but change the manifest.ini to accept last version 2022.1 and it will work...

Rui Fontes

Às 17:13 de 23/05/2022, farhan israk escreveu:
I used to use  clock addon so that nvda automatically announces the current time after each 15 minutes. What alternative addon or app can I use for the same purpose?

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

I found it but it is not accessible.

On 5/23/2022 8:00 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
[...]

******
Sometimes I think I understand everything,  and then I regain consciousness.
---------
Family Times theatre
http://familytimes.wrighthere.net:9244/stream
or ask your smart speaker to play family times on tune-in

Eduardo Fermiano Luccas

what version of windows are you using? I've always used windows 10, and he's never had problems like this but, I don't know how it would be on windows 11

Em seg., 23 de mai. de 2022 às 17:38, Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...> escreveu:

[...]

I am running windows 11. The screen reader cannot manipulate any of the clock settings.

On May 23, 2022, at 7:04 PM, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@...> wrote:

[...]

Luke Davis

Hold your horses a bit on this. After Joseph's announcement, someone offered to get Clock and Calendar updated. It may take a bit to get worked out, but I suspect an update for the add-on will be along.

Luke