In-Process AND a beta both out today

Quentin Christensen

Our latest In-Process blog is now available!
Highlights from this issue:
- Spotlight on several new features and fixes you might have missed from NVDA 2022.1
- Info on the first beta of the upcoming NVDA 2022.2
- NV Access going to RSB Tech Fest, we hope to see you there next week!
- We chat with Vision Australia Radio's Focal Point program
- We have refreshed our LinkedIn page, come follow us!
- #NVeofy and more!

Read it now at: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-16th-june-2022/

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Brian's Mail list account

I'm using the beta, and just a manifest change all the add ons that were flagged incompatible like the 32 bit version of Goldwave and open link with seem to work now. Most are also working with the latest Alpha as well, but I gather there may need to be a few breaking changes for some new features.

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Our latest In-Process blog is now available!
Highlights from this issue:
- Spotlight on several new features and fixes you might have missed from
NVDA 2022.1
- Info on the first beta of the upcoming NVDA 2022.2
- NV Access going to RSB Tech Fest, we hope to see you there next week!
- We chat with Vision Australia Radio's Focal Point program
- We have refreshed our LinkedIn page, come follow us!
- #NVeofy and more!

Read it now at: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-16th-june-2022/

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org

Robert Mendoza

Quentin ,

One thing I noticed when reading of my mother's tongue:
Tagalog is very clear and crisp.
I am using the default Voice: English (Great Britain) and Variant: Max
for the speach engine e-Speak ng.
I know you are not fun of the variant max though. LOL!
But, I was so impressed with the narration even a little dialects of my language is so clear.
Just to give you overview from the time I used NVDA max and alternately used variant quenzy as my choice.

I tested this out of curiosity as portable to my machine.
Cheers,
Robert Mendoza

Our latest In-Process blog is now available!
Highlights from this issue:
- Spotlight on several new features and fixes you might have missed from NVDA 2022.1
- Info on the first beta of the upcoming NVDA 2022.2
- NV Access going to RSB Tech Fest, we hope to see you there next week!
- We chat with Vision Australia Radio's Focal Point program
- We have refreshed our LinkedIn page, come follow us!
- #NVeofy and more!

Read it now at: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-16th-june-2022/

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Quentin Christensen

Hi Robert,

Oh I am not voicist!  (Is that a word?  I don't have a specific preference of one voice over another).  I'm glad it is working even better for you now!

On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 1:36 PM Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:

[...]

I made Quincy, specifically for smaller speakers, since they tend to make ESpeak sound like it shrieks on the normal ones. I created the grandma one just for fun, but you can easily tweak them yourself as I did, there used to be a tutorial on the ESpeak web site telling you what the various registers do in the voice files.

[...]

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>

Jason Bratcher

Let me fish a link to a GitHub series of pages on ESpeakNG:
https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/blob/master/docs/index.md

That's where I've been seeing the updated info located.
Tap on a link to go to that section of ESpeakNG's docs.
Jason Bratcher

hi.
which link should i read exactly?
i found some documentation and they are complexthat i could not understand.

On 6/18/22, Jason Bratcher <imcoocoo@...> wrote:
Let me fish a link to a GitHub series of pages on ESpeakNG:
https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/blob/master/docs/index.md

That's where I've been seeing the updated info located.
Tap on a link to go to that section of ESpeakNG's docs.
Jason Bratcher

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Jason Bratcher

That's just it.
you don't want to read this entire documentation all in one sitting;
A definite CTRL+D to bookmark the Index page is a wise choice.
Try to read small pieces of it every now and then;
That way you're not overwhelmed.

Jason Bratcher