In-Process is out

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

This week's In-Process blog is out: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-16th-july-2021/  Featuring all the news on the new NVDA 2021.1, updates on your favourite add-ons such as @codefactory Eloquence, NVDARemote & more. There's a rundown on UIA & a special thank you to our friends & supporters at Intopia!

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Sadam Ahmed <lists@...>

Thanks Quentin.

I’m using NVDA more and more as the  days go by & was actually teaching it to a client of mine.

My goal during lockdown is to purchase basic training for NVDA so that I can take the certification.

I know this will be a very wise move as already a number of clients have switched away from other solutions.

Looking forward to reading.

Best,

Sadam

This week's In-Process blog is out: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-16th-july-2021/  Featuring all the news on the new NVDA 2021.1, updates on your favourite add-ons such as @codefactory Eloquence, NVDARemote & more. There's a rundown on UIA & a special thank you to our friends & supporters at Intopia!

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Quentin Christensen

Great to hear Sadam!

And good time to pick up the material - Basic Training for NVDA (the electronic text version) is half price at the moment :)

Kind regards

Quentin.

[...]

Jujube

Thanks Quentin for the In Process posts. I really enjoy reading them :) I'm actually pretty new to the list (have read through some archives though lol) and I hope it's okay to share a little testimony too since someone else also did, but in short, you guys are awesome and I'm really grateful for NVDA's existence. I use it on a daily basis and it has been my primary screen reader for the past 2 or 3 years. I had been exposed a bit to NVDA long before I started using it but I was strongly encouraged to try it by a vision teacher 2 or 3 years ago to expand my options and get exposure to alternate solutions, and I fell in love with NVDA very quickly because it felt very comfortable, responsive, and most importantly, it ticked all the boxes for a good screen reader for me. In addition, the command structure is quite similar to the (popular commercial) screen reader I was using before, which enabled me to get around the computer and feel comfortable with NVDA right from day one. Originally I was only planning to test NVDA for a short period of time, but I ended up loving it enough to not want to switch back to my other screen reader much anymore even though I had full access to it for quite a while. Now it's very hard for me to justify spending tons of money on a commercial solution when there's a free solution that serves me just as well.

Anyway, thanks for all the great work guys and I look forward to growing with you guys for years to come. :) I am still young so my contributional capacity is limited, but I definitely plan on donating in the near future and contributing to this list more, and maybe someday I may become more heavily involved in the accessibility field and NVDA would be a big part of that.

Sadam Ahmed <lists@...>

Thanks for that direct URL Quentin,

I’ll purchase this afternoon!

You guys are amazing & the rate of innovation from NV-Access is outstanding.

Would you mind reaching off list?

I have a notion or 2 on how our firm can move the dialogue forward with NVDA and making sure as many blind  people are kept abreast regarding how wonderful this screen reader is.

Kind wishes,

Sadam

This week's In-Process blog is out: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-16th-july-2021/  Featuring all the news on the new NVDA 2021.1, updates on your favourite add-ons such as @codefactory Eloquence, NVDARemote & more. There's a rundown on UIA & a special thank you to our friends & supporters at Intopia!

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Quentin Christensen

Thank you so much for the kind words!  We do really appreciate hearing the positive impact NVDA has for users!

May we please use your testimonial on our site?

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 3:36 PM Jujube <ellaxyu@...> wrote:
[...]

You may :)