From: Scott VanDeWalle
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 6:33 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] in search of a fast browser for windows 10

Hello all.
I hope this is the best, most appropriate list in which to post this.

Firefox and internet explorer are becoming really slow for me.
What i'm in serch of is a fast and stable browser that I can rely on
until edge becomes usable.
Thanks so much.
ps. What about chrome?

Scott

can I also get the tutorial as well?

On 3/17/2016 3:39 PM, David Moore wrote:
Hi Scott,
The browser you are looking for is Google Chrome Browser. It is very accessible with NVDA, and I recorded a tutorial on how to use it. I will send it to you if you want it. There is one virticle menu in Chrome that has all the settings you want in that one menu. When you enter on settings in the menu, a web page comes up that is easy to navigate. You do not have to sign into Google Chrome. You can use Chrome as a browser just like Firefox and IE and there isn't that much difference. Have a great one.

-----Original Message----- From: Scott VanDeWalle
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 6:33 PM
To: nvda@groups.io

Hello all.
I hope this is the best, most appropriate list in which to post this.

Firefox and internet explorer are becoming really slow for me.
What i'm in serch of is a fast and stable browser that I can rely on
until edge becomes usable.
Thanks so much.
ps. What about chrome?

Scott

Have you tried doing a Firefox Refresh?  I use both Firefox and Chrome routinely in Windows 10 (both are running now) and both are perfectly fine and fast.  My partner's Firefox began lagging after a long while and when clearing cache didn't fix it the next step was to check what add-ons were being used, making note of them, then doing a Firefox Refresh and reinstalling only those he was still really using, and one at a time to see if one in particular was causing things to bog down.  The amount of "clutter" beyond cache that can accrete to web browsers over a period of extended use is pretty remarkable and can slow things to a crawl.  Even an uninstall/reinstall may not fix anything if it's related to user-specific items in the user profile including, but not limited to, add-ons.

Brian

mr. Chikodinaka Oguledo&mrs. AdonnihHappiness Obima Oguledo

do u need to sighn up

Have you tried doing a Firefox Refresh?  I use both Firefox and Chrome
routinely in Windows 10 (both are running now) and both are perfectly fine
and fast.  My partner's Firefox began lagging after a long while and when
clearing cache didn't fix it the next step was to check what add-ons were
being used, making note of them, then doing a Firefox Refresh and
reinstalling only those he was still really using, and one at a time to see
if one in particular was causing things to bog down.  The amount of
"clutter" beyond cache that can accrete to web browsers over a period of
extended use is pretty remarkable and can slow things to a crawl.  Even an
uninstall/reinstall may not fix anything if it's related to user-specific
items in the user profile including, but not limited to, add-ons.

• Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.

Gene

The problem may have nothing to do with the browsers.  You may have malware that is slowing things down or perhaps there is another reason I may not have knowledge to discuss.  Just trying different browsers may not make a meaningful difference and may delay you looking into what may be the underlying problem.

Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 5:33 PM

Hello all.
I hope this is the best, most appropriate list in which to post this.

Firefox and internet explorer are becoming really slow for me.
What i'm in serch of is a fast and stable browser that I can rely on
until edge becomes usable.
Thanks so much.
ps. What about chrome?

Scott

Robert Mendoza

As per David message, you don't need to sign in to Google Chrome not unless you use it for sync to other devices like mobile or other machine.

Robert Mendoza

On 3/18/2016 6:54 AM, mr. Chikodinaka Oguledo&mrs. AdonnihHappiness Obima Oguledo wrote:
do u need to sighn up

Have you tried doing a Firefox Refresh? I use both Firefox and Chrome
routinely in Windows 10 (both are running now) and both are perfectly fine
and fast. My partner's Firefox began lagging after a long while and when
clearing cache didn't fix it the next step was to check what add-ons were
being used, making note of them, then doing a Firefox Refresh and
reinstalling only those he was still really using, and one at a time to see
if one in particular was causing things to bog down. The amount of
"clutter" beyond cache that can accrete to web browsers over a period of
extended use is pretty remarkable and can slow things to a crawl. Even an
uninstall/reinstall may not fix anything if it's related to user-specific
items in the user profile including, but not limited to, add-ons.

Also, no one has brought up the possibility that there may be a connection problem and that pages are loading more slowly.  You can try running a test of the cconnection speed but you can likely determine if there is a problem with the connection by starting a download from a site that is reliably fast and checking the download statistics during the download to see if they are much slower than usual and how much slower they are.  Depending on the size of the file, you don't have to download the entire file; you can cancel the download.  But if the speed is much much slower, there may be a problem with the connection.

It is far too early to reach any conclusions about what the problem may be.  But if Internet Explorer and Firefox were getting slower in general, we would see complaint after complaint from user after user.

Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 5:33 PM

Hello all.
I hope this is the best, most appropriate list in which to post this.

Firefox and internet explorer are becoming really slow for me.
What i'm in serch of is a fast and stable browser that I can rely on
until edge becomes usable.
Thanks so much.
ps. What about chrome?

Scott

Scott VanDeWalle

Hello, yes could you please send it my way?
Thank you so very much.

Scott

Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 6:33 PM
To: nvda@groups.io

Hello all.
I hope this is the best, most appropriate list in which to post this.

Firefox and internet explorer are becoming really slow for me.
What i'm in serch of is a fast and stable browser that I can rely on
until edge becomes usable.
Thanks so much.
ps. What about chrome?

Scott

David Moore

Hi Scott,
I just sent you the Chrome tutorial off list at your private email. Have a great one.

Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 6:33 PM
To: nvda@groups.io

Hello all.
I hope this is the best, most appropriate list in which to post this.

Firefox and internet explorer are becoming really slow for me.
What i'm in serch of is a fast and stable browser that I can rely on
until edge becomes usable.
Thanks so much.
ps. What about chrome?

Scott

can you send it to me as well?
hank.smith966@...

Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 6:33 PM
To: nvda@groups.io

Hello all.
I hope this is the best, most appropriate list in which to post this.

Firefox and internet explorer are becoming really slow for me.
What i'm in serch of is a fast and stable browser that I can rely on
until edge becomes usable.
Thanks so much.
ps. What about chrome?

Scott

Albert Ruel

David, may I also have a copy?

AlbertRuel@...

Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 6:33 PM
To: nvda@groups.io

Hello all.
I hope this is the best, most appropriate list in which to post this.

Firefox and internet explorer are becoming really slow for me.
What i'm in serch of is a fast and stable browser that I can rely on
until edge becomes usable.
Thanks so much.
ps. What about chrome?

Scott

David Moore

Hi Albert,
I just sent a copy to your email. Have a great one.

Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 6:33 PM
To: nvda@groups.io

Hello all.
I hope this is the best, most appropriate list in which to post this.

Firefox and internet explorer are becoming really slow for me.
What i'm in serch of is a fast and stable browser that I can rely on
until edge becomes usable.
Thanks so much.
ps. What about chrome?

Scott

Albert Ruel

Thank you very much.

Thx, Albert

Sent from my iPhone

-----Original Message----- From: Albert Ruel
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:56 PM
To: nvda@groups.io

David, may I also have a copy?

AlbertRuel@...

Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 6:33 PM
To: nvda@groups.io

Hello all.
I hope this is the best, most appropriate list in which to post this.

Firefox and internet explorer are becoming really slow for me.
What i'm in serch of is a fast and stable browser that I can rely on
until edge becomes usable.
Thanks so much.
ps. What about chrome?

Scott

Sometimes emails may lock in thunderbird, pages may not fully load in firefox, and sometimes things just don't work,
Its a connection issue it happens from time to time on my wireless.