Topics

Indicating Spelling Error

Rob Hudson

What is the mechanism used by NVDA to indicate a spelling error?

I would like to talk to the folks at Jarte and have them ad something to their program so that NVDA indicates spelling errors just like it does in Word or one of the web browsers.

Jackie

Press f7 in Jarte. Once Jarte stops, Down arrow to the context menu.
You'll see your error. Continued down arrowing shows you other
options, including spelling suggestions, as well as ignoring once,
all, or adding to dictionary.

On 8/28/20, Rob Hudson <rob_hudson3182@...> wrote:
What is the mechanism used by NVDA to indicate a spelling error?

I would like to talk to the folks at Jarte and have them ad something to
their program so that NVDA indicates spelling errors just like it does in
Word or one of the web browsers.

Rob Hudson

That's nice, but NVDA buzzes in word hwen it encounters a spelling error. I want to talk to the Jarte people so they can modify their program so NVDA does it there too. I did not ask how to spell check in Jarte. Thanks though.

Press f7 in Jarte. Once Jarte stops, Down arrow to the context menu.
You'll see your error. Continued down arrowing shows you other
options, including spelling suggestions, as well as ignoring once,
all, or adding to dictionary.

On 8/28/20, Rob Hudson <rob_hudson3182@...> wrote:
What is the mechanism used by NVDA to indicate a spelling error?

I would like to talk to the folks at Jarte and have them ad something to
their program so that NVDA indicates spelling errors just like it does in
Word or one of the web browsers.

This qquestion assumes that Jarte flags misspelled words in the text. We first need to know if it does. If not, you would be asking for a new feature in general.

It may do so but Jarte is based on Wordpad and Wordpad doesn't do this.