Topics

locked Installing Add-Ons

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hello:
How do I install AdOns on my NVDA screen reader.
I've just actually installed the latest version of the NVDA, and I
also attempted to install Eloquence auto language switching. The
eloquence was said to be incompatible when I tried to install it.
I've been using the eloquence for about three years without issues.
So, what must have gone wrong.
Of course, I did have to uninstall NVDA because I was having problems
with it, before I subsequently downloaded and installed the latest
version, the version I've always been prompted to download.
Please how can I get around this issue. How can I fix this problem.
Thanks and cheers.
Ibrahim.

Sarah k Alawami

Go to the nvda home page and go to the add ons section, then see what add ons are compatible. What happened is your installed a new nvda which had to have no code, and the add ons had to change. So you need to update your add ons to comply with the new and wonderful nvda. Yes, I'm bias. I love the new NVDA.

On 18 Jun 2020, at 17:48, Ibrahim Ajayi wrote:

Hello:
How do I install AdOns on my NVDA screen reader.
I've just actually installed the latest version of the NVDA, and I
also attempted to install Eloquence auto language switching. The
eloquence was said to be incompatible when I tried to install it.
I've been using the eloquence for about three years without issues.
So, what must have gone wrong.
Of course, I did have to uninstall NVDA because I was having problems
with it, before I subsequently downloaded and installed the latest
version, the version I've always been prompted to download.
Please how can I get around this issue. How can I fix this problem.
Thanks and cheers.
Ibrahim.

Eilana Benish

Hello Ibrahim.
The reason you cannot install eloquence addon is because NVDA moved Two Python 3 and not all the add-ons are Compatible.
You can visit the NVDA addons Official website to check the status of the compatible add ONS that you can install.
hear is the link
https://addons.nvda-project.org/index.en.html

ובכבוד רב | Sincerely,
אילנה בניש מורשה נגישות שירות 2200 | Eilana Benish, service Accessibility authorized (2200)
ניהול פרויקטים – נגישות ושמישות אינטרנט וטכנולוגיות מידע | Projects manager – Accessibility & usability on internet and ICT
📱 +972-50-7100367 | 📧 benish.ilana@...

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 08:48 PM, Ibrahim Ajayi wrote:
I also attempted to install Eloquence auto language switching.

Based upon this particular observation, it is suspected that what is being referred to is the hacked version of Eloquence, which cannot be discussed under the rules for the group.

I believe that Tiflotecnia has the only legal true add-on:  https://www.tiflotecnia.net/NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin.nvda-addon

And that Code Factory sells the only legal SAPI 5 Eloquence for Windows:  https://codefactoryglobal.com/app-store/eloquence-for-windows/

Due to the concern that this is discussing the hacked/cracked Eloquence add-on, this topic is being locked.  If the original poster knows this is not the case, please send a message to the owner address providing the source of the add-on with which you're having difficulty.  We will re-open the topic if appropriate.