Interesting Problem Just Popped Up with code Factory Voices

Haylie Gallacher

Hi All,

Anyone see the following issue as well today?  I launched NVDA, and my speech settings were changed to Microsoft One Core from Code Factory Eloquence.  It is saying it needs to be registered, and it is registered that I know for a fact.  Oddly enough, my Code Factory Vocalizer Voices had all uninstalled themselves, and I had to reinstall them.  I am not sure why Eloquence has decided to not work out of the blue when Vocalizer still works.

Thanks,

Haylie

Gene

-It may be that the different voices check with the server to maintain their registration at different times, depending on when you installed them.

Eloquence may check on this or that day and the Vocal-izer voices may check another day.

You probably shouldn't do anything when this happens.  The server is likely down and since the voices can't reach it they don't know they are registered.  When the server comes up again, they will begin to work.  If the problem continues too long, then you may want to do something but if you try to solve the problem without waiting for perhaps a day or two or contacting support, when the problem begins, you may work trying to solve the problem when it is not your problem.

People should really complain about this registration system, a lot of people.  There is no good reason for such a system to be used.  A product should be able to be permanently registered for a certain computer and not have to check repeatedly with a server to continue to function.

Gene
On 11/29/2022 4:06 PM, Haylie Gallacher wrote:

Hi All,

Anyone see the following issue as well today?  I launched NVDA, and my speech settings were changed to Microsoft One Core from Code Factory Eloquence.  It is saying it needs to be registered, and it is registered that I know for a fact.  Oddly enough, my Code Factory Vocalizer Voices had all uninstalled themselves, and I had to reinstall them.  I am not sure why Eloquence has decided to not work out of the blue when Vocalizer still works.

Thanks,

Haylie

Abbie Taylor

Hi, Haylie. I've noticed this a few times, but when I restarted NVDA, the Vocalizer voices worked. But since you've already reinstalled everything, I doubt that would work. I don't use Eloquence much so don't know what to tell you about that.

If you got the package from the AT guys, you might contact them and see what they say. I understand the Code Factory folks aren't as responsive, although I haven't tried contacting them myself. Good luck.

--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
https://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

Steve Nutt

Also, some Windows updates break the registration, so you have to go into the app and re-activate it.

Your key should work up to three times, then you would need to contact Code Factory for a reset, which they will do for you.

All the best

Steve