Topics

Invisible Dropbox pop-ups

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

I found that, when I am in a program where pressing the alt key focuses menus or a ribbon, I can dismiss that dropbox pop up by pressing the alt key twice; once to focus the menus/ribbon and again to refocus the program window.

I find this work around to be less disruptive than alt tabbing away and back.

George

On 3/13/2019 2:39 PM, Brice Mijares wrote:
For me, it didn't matter if all program notifications were turned off. I had to go into drop box preferences and disable drop box from starting at boot up. I could be in Thunderbird reading a message and Dropbox would interfere, I'd have to hit escape to get out of the message and hit enter to finish reading the message.
If I hit the windows key and type Dropbox and hit enter so I could work with drop box, I'd be bothered later by drop box again.
Lenovo
Windows version: Windows 10Ver1809 (64-bit) build 17763.348

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

Escape does not close the pop up on various systems running windows 10 pro and home.

George

On 3/13/2019 9:48 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
I don't use DropBox, but what's being described sounds a lot like what I've taken to calling screen veil popups, where these things are not opaque like a screen curtain, but translucent, allowing a sighted person to see what lies beneath on the screen other than where the actual dialog box is showing, but prevents any interaction with the underlying screen until dismissed.   And while they don't pose nearly the challenge if you can see, they're still mightily annoying.

Often, but not always, hitting Escape will dismiss these blasted things.  If anyone wants to try that (or has) and report back that would be a useful data point.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

I went to the notifications section of Windows 10 and unchecked dropbox. I’ll let you know if this makes a difference.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

            *From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
            <nvda@nvda.groups.io> <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> on
            behalf of Sam Bushman <libertyroundtable@...>

                    <mailto:bglists@...>

        --
        Curtis Delzer

        HS

        W B 6 H E F

        Rialto, CA

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Update to support what many have said:   None of the screen shots that have been sent to me, taken when this issue is occurring, show any visible DropBox pop-up/dialog activity whatsoever.   The DropBox background process is active, but there is absolutely nothing on the screen, and nothing in the taskbar other than the DropBox process in the system tray, related to DropBox.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back