IPA phonetic symbol

farhan israk

How can I read IPA phonetic symbol using talk back or nvda?

Marco Oros

I don't know. I think, that It is impossible.

Dňa 22. 4. 2021 o 12:58 farhan israk napísal(a):

How can I read IPA phonetic symbol using talk back or nvda?

See the topic in the JAWS Group:  JAWS and International Phonetic Alphabet
paying specific attention to this message from member Nermin:  https://jfw.groups.io/g/main/topic/27829868#64772

The technique would be analogous in NVDA, though you'd have to do the grunt work for the initial setup.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

Sarah k Alawami

It’s probably possible, but you will need a software keyboard overlay  to input them in. I would have all symbols on. I took a diction class many many years ago and that’s how we did this.

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 12:14 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
It’s probably possible, but you will need a software keyboard overlay  to input them
Not if you use the unicode file already put together by the professor from Rice University.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon