Is doing a completely clean install of windows 10 screen reader accessible?

Afik Souffir <afik.souffir@...>

Hi,

Just want to be sure

Is clean install of windows 10 – on the same laptop accessible for blind people? Maybe with NVDA or Narator?

Thanks much,

Help will be very appreciated.

Afik

נשלח מהאפליקציה 'דואר' עבור Windows 10

Rui Fontes

It is accessible with Narrator.

NVDA will get you untill the installation is started, then you will need Narrator.

Rui Fontes

Às 11:38 de 25/06/2021, Afik Souffir escreveu:

Hi,

Just want to be sure

Is clean install of windows 10 – on the same laptop accessible for blind people? Maybe with NVDA or Narator?

Thanks much,

Help will be very appreciated.

Afik

נשלח מהאפליקציה 'דואר' עבור Windows 10

Afik Souffir <afik.souffir@...>

And how do I know that the installation is started?

Now, it's downloading.

נשלח מהאפליקציה 'דואר' עבור Windows 10

מאת: Rui Fontes
נשלח: יום שישי 25 יוני 2021 13:55
אל: nvda@nvda.groups.io
נושא:
Re: [nvda] clean install of windows 10

It is accessible with Narrator.

NVDA will get you untill the installation is started, then you will need Narrator.

Rui Fontes

Às 11:38 de 25/06/2021, Afik Souffir escreveu:

Hi,

Just want to be sure

Is clean install of windows 10 – on the same laptop accessible for blind people? Maybe with NVDA or Narator?

Thanks much,

Help will be very appreciated.

Afik

נשלח מהאפליקציה 'דואר' עבור Windows 10

Rui Fontes

Yes, you will know...

Rui Fontes

Às 12:01 de 25/06/2021, Afik Souffir escreveu:

[...]

It'll just stop talking?

נשלח מהאפליקציה 'דואר' עבור Windows 10

מאת: Rui Fontes
נשלח: יום שישי 25 יוני 2021 14:08
[...]

Not only that, but the system will inform you...

Rui

Às 12:09 de 25/06/2021, Afik Souffir escreveu:

It'll just stop talking?

[...]

Ok, will see. Thanks much

נשלח מהאפליקציה 'דואר' עבור Windows 10

מאת: Rui Fontes
נשלח: יום שישי 25 יוני 2021 14:24
[...]

Arlene

Hi, If Narator or NVDA talk while reinstalling windows ten. I think you should have a sighted person near you if it does stop talking.  Have a sighted person near by just to be safe.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Is clean install of windows 10 – on the same laptop accessible for blind people? Maybe with NVDA or Narator?

Thanks much,

Help will be very appreciated.

Afik

נשלח מהאפליקציה 'דואר' עבור Windows 10

Felix G.

Hi,
in the context of a clean install, it won't just start the
installation after downloading. Downloading is performed with the
Media Creation Tool, which is the app Microsoft provides for creating
your installation media, which would usually be a flash drive. When
that has concluded, you can reboot from that flash drive to actually
install Windows, in the most extreme case repartitioning and
reformatting your hard drive beforehand, which is the way to delete
absolutely everything on the machine and get a super clean install if
that's indeed what you want.
Rebooting from your flash drive may be tricky and may require sighted
help depending on your UEFI.
Once booted, if the installer detects your sound card, it will give
you an audible welcome message as far as I remember. You may then
press ctrl+Windows+enter to start Narrator. If you don't hear
anything, your sound hardware might not have been detected. A solution
is to plug in a USB headset then try to start Narrator. Note that it
has to be a USB one as the installer comes with generic drivers for
that. For me this worked in three out of three cases.
Best,
Felix

Am Sa., 26. Juni 2021 um 00:05 Uhr schrieb Arlene <nedster66@gmail.com>:

Hi, If Narator or NVDA talk while reinstalling windows ten. I think you should have a sighted person near you if it does stop talking. Have a sighted person near by just to be safe.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Is clean install of windows 10 – on the same laptop accessible for blind people? Maybe with NVDA or Narator?

Thanks much,

Help will be very appreciated.

Afik

נשלח מהאפליקציה 'דואר' עבור Windows 10

Josh Kennedy

if you need help reinstalling windows10 and if you have either an android phone or an iPhone, you can use the free be my eyes app on an iPhone or android phone including samsung and all kinds of android phones to point your camera at the computer screen and call microsoft on be my eyes and someone will help you with the install.

Hareth

I've Done many actual clean installation of win10 sense they
announced the narrator work at the initial installation process. just
hit the windows+ctrl+enter hotkey, and its good to go a few seconds
after the boot from the installation media boot up starts.
Even the page where we can wipe and format the partitions are
accessible with narrator.
Never needed a sighted help with it sense.

On 6/26/21, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@gmail.com> wrote:
if you need help reinstalling windows10 and if you have either an android
phone or an iPhone, you can use the free be my eyes app on an iPhone or
android phone including samsung and all kinds of android phones to point
your camera at the computer screen and call microsoft on be my eyes and
someone will help you with the install.

Walter <walterzuiderwijk@...>

Windows narrator works also when you reinstall windows 10 when you have labtop annd the microsoft text is on the screen, than you push the windos key +control key. When you use these keys windows narrator is talking to you. The priviust week I have dun that for my instalation of Windows 10 and I can tell you it works greatt. Becals I am blind.
Kind regarts Walter

Groet Walter

Op 26 jun. 2021 om 17:58 heeft Hareth <hareth4m@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

I've Done many actual clean installation of win10 sense they
announced the narrator work at the initial installation process. just
hit the windows+ctrl+enter hotkey, and its good to go a few seconds
after the boot from the installation media boot up starts.
Even the page where we can wipe and format the partitions are
accessible with narrator.
Never needed a sighted help with it sense.
On 6/26/21, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@gmail.com> wrote:
if you need help reinstalling windows10 and if you have either an android
phone or an iPhone, you can use the free be my eyes app on an iPhone or
android phone including samsung and all kinds of android phones to point
your camera at the computer screen and call microsoft on be my eyes and
someone will help you with the install.

Arlene

Hi there, were you able to do this whole thing without sighted supervision?  Did Nairator talk all the way through the installation?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Windows narrator works also when you reinstall windows 10 when you have labtop annd the microsoft text is on the screen, than you push the windos key +control key. When you use these keys windows narrator is talking to you. The priviust week I have dun that for my instalation of Windows 10 and I can tell you it works greatt. Becals I am blind.

Kind regarts Walter

Groet Walter

> Op 26 jun. 2021 om 17:58 heeft Hareth <hareth4m@...> het volgende geschreven:

> I've Done many actual clean installation of win10 sense  they

> announced the narrator work at the initial installation process. just

> hit the windows+ctrl+enter hotkey, and its good to go a few seconds

> after the boot from the installation media boot up starts.

> Even the page where we can wipe and format the partitions  are

> accessible with narrator.

> Never needed a sighted help with it sense.

>> On 6/26/21, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

>> if you need help reinstalling windows10 and if you have either an android

>> phone or an iPhone, you can use the free be my eyes app on an iPhone or

>> android phone including samsung and all kinds of android phones to point

>> your camera at the computer screen and call microsoft on be my eyes and

>> someone will help you with the install.

Arlene

Hi there, If you wipe the whole thing clean? Do you have to set it all back up as though you bought the computer brand new?  I know this sounds stupid. Do you have to set up all your Microsoft account?  Do you have to have a windows ten disk?  This computer came without one.  If I was to wipe my system Does this Acer computer or any other windows computers come with windows  already in them? I hope I asked the right questions.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I've Done many actual clean installation of win10 sense  they

announced the narrator work at the initial installation process. just

hit the windows+ctrl+enter hotkey, and its good to go a few seconds

after the boot from the installation media boot up starts.

Even the page where we can wipe and format the partitions  are

accessible with narrator.

Never needed a sighted help with it sense.

On 6/26/21, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

> if you need help reinstalling windows10 and if you have either an android

> phone or an iPhone, you can use the free be my eyes app on an iPhone or

> android phone including samsung and all kinds of android phones to point

> your camera at the computer screen and call microsoft on be my eyes and

> someone will help you with the install.

Arlene

Hi, I do have an I Phone.  Do I have to go get a fresh windows ten installation from the Microsoft site?  As I said my computer came with no windows disk.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

if you need help reinstalling windows10 and if you have either an android phone or an iPhone, you can use the free be my eyes app on an iPhone or android phone including samsung and all kinds of android phones to point your camera at the computer screen and call microsoft on be my eyes and someone will help you with the install.

Arlene

Thanks, if I wanted to get rid of this computer I’d follow your instructions and scrub it right clean. I’ll write this down for the future or if I want to help someone else who has windows ten.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

in the context of a clean install, it won't just start the

installation after downloading. Downloading is performed with the

Media Creation Tool, which is the app Microsoft provides for creating

your installation media, which would usually be a flash drive. When

that has concluded, you can reboot from that flash drive to actually

install Windows, in the most extreme case repartitioning and

reformatting your hard drive beforehand, which is the way to delete

absolutely everything on the machine and get a super clean install if

that's indeed what you want.

Rebooting from your flash drive may be tricky and may require sighted

help depending on your UEFI.

Once booted, if the installer detects your sound card, it will give

you an audible welcome message as far as I remember. You may then

press ctrl+Windows+enter to start Narrator. If you don't hear

anything, your sound hardware might not have been detected. A solution

is to plug in a USB headset then try to start Narrator. Note that it

has to be a USB one as the installer comes with generic drivers for

that. For me this worked in three out of three cases.

Best,

Felix

Am Sa., 26. Juni 2021 um 00:05 Uhr schrieb Arlene <nedster66@...>:

> Hi, If Narator or NVDA talk while reinstalling windows ten. I think you should have a sighted person near you if it does stop talking.  Have a sighted person near by just to be safe.

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Gene

Why do you want to start over in that way and is a reinstallation of Windows the best way to solve your problems?

I’m going into this not just for you, but because I see this repeatedly and often when people ask questions.  What problems are you trying to solve?  Repeatedly, I see people ask how to do something because they think it is the way or the best way to accomplish what they want and they don’t explain the problems or what they are trying to accomplish.  the result is either bad help or help that takes far longer than necessary to get to the proper points to discuss.  When people ask how to do something and don’t explain what the specific problems are they are trying to solve, we can’t address those problems.  We can answer the how question but we have no way of knowing or discussing if that is the way to solve a problem in the first place or if it  is the best way to solve the problem.

Could your problems be better solved by some sort of Windows repair, perhaps by running System File checker or something else?  None of this is being discussed where it might be if we knew the problems you are having.

If you do a completely clean installation of Windows, you must reinstall every program and set every setting you changed anywhere in the past for anything on your computer that you don’t access in the cloud.

Hi there, If you wipe the whole thing clean? Do you have to set it all back up as though you bought the computer brand new?  I know this sounds stupid. Do you have to set up all your Microsoft account?  Do you have to have a windows ten disk?  This computer came without one.  If I was to wipe my system Does this Acer computer or any other windows computers come with windows  already in them? I hope I asked the right questions.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I've Done many actual clean installation of win10 sense  they

announced the narrator work at the initial installation process. just

hit the windows+ctrl+enter hotkey, and its good to go a few seconds

after the boot from the installation media boot up starts.

Even the page where we can wipe and format the partitions  are

accessible with narrator.

Never needed a sighted help with it sense.

On 6/26/21, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

> if you need help reinstalling windows10 and if you have either an android

> phone or an iPhone, you can use the free be my eyes app on an iPhone or

> android phone including samsung and all kinds of android phones to point

> your camera at the computer screen and call microsoft on be my eyes and

> someone will help you with the install.

Arlene

Geen I have no problems. I did have some minor ones. I fixed them myself. They did goaway. I would do a clean format as the last resort.  I did a windows repair and it was fixed.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi there, If you wipe the whole thing clean? Do you have to set it all back up as though you bought the computer brand new?  I know this sounds stupid. Do you have to set up all your Microsoft account?  Do you have to have a windows ten disk?  This computer came without one.  If I was to wipe my system Does this Acer computer or any other windows computers come with windows  already in them? I hope I asked the right questions.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I've Done many actual clean installation of win10 sense  they

announced the narrator work at the initial installation process. just

hit the windows+ctrl+enter hotkey, and its good to go a few seconds

after the boot from the installation media boot up starts.

Even the page where we can wipe and format the partitions  are

accessible with narrator.

Never needed a sighted help with it sense.

On 6/26/21, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

> if you need help reinstalling windows10 and if you have either an android

> phone or an iPhone, you can use the free be my eyes app on an iPhone or

> android phone including samsung and all kinds of android phones to point

> your camera at the computer screen and call microsoft on be my eyes and

> someone will help you with the install.

Gene

So are you asking if you need to help others or if you need to do it yourself one of these days?  While there is nothing wrong with asking such questions, I think that, at least from your standpoint, for correcting problems with your computer, it is much more important to know how to back up and restore your system.  That will allow you, if you need to, to restore your system just as it was before you had problems and you will have all your programs and settings as they were recently if you keep the backup current.

Geen I have no problems. I did have some minor ones. I fixed them myself. They did goaway. I would do a clean format as the last resort.  I did a windows repair and it was fixed.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi there, If you wipe the whole thing clean? Do you have to set it all back up as though you bought the computer brand new?  I know this sounds stupid. Do you have to set up all your Microsoft account?  Do you have to have a windows ten disk?  This computer came without one.  If I was to wipe my system Does this Acer computer or any other windows computers come with windows  already in them? I hope I asked the right questions.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I've Done many actual clean installation of win10 sense  they

announced the narrator work at the initial installation process. just

hit the windows+ctrl+enter hotkey, and its good to go a few seconds

after the boot from the installation media boot up starts.

Even the page where we can wipe and format the partitions  are

accessible with narrator.

Never needed a sighted help with it sense.

On 6/26/21, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

> if you need help reinstalling windows10 and if you have either an android

> phone or an iPhone, you can use the free be my eyes app on an iPhone or

> android phone including samsung and all kinds of android phones to point

> your camera at the computer screen and call microsoft on be my eyes and

> someone will help you with the install.

Arlene

Hi, it’s both. For myself and to help others.