Topics

is it possible to save configuration for NVDA on lock screen?

Samuel Kacer

Hello,

I just tried configuring NVDA settings on the startup screen to make the voice faster. This is really annoying with UAC dialogues in particular.

I then wanted to save the new settings but noticed that there is no "save configuration" option in the NVDA menu. and when coming back to the lock screen, indeed the new settings are reset back.

Is it categorically impossible for me to configure NVDA settings for the startup screen as a user, or is there a workaround?

Really appreciate if anyone can share if they know!

Kind Regards,
Sam

Chris

Under nvda general settings try the use currently saved setting for login and other secure screens option

I just tried configuring NVDA settings on the startup screen to make the voice faster. This is really annoying with UAC dialogues in particular.

I then wanted to save the new settings but noticed that there is no "save configuration" option in the NVDA menu. and when coming back to the lock screen, indeed the new settings are reset back.

Is it categorically impossible for me to configure NVDA settings for the startup screen as a user, or is there a workaround?

Really appreciate if anyone can share if they know!

Kind Regards,

Sam

Samuel Kacer

! Cant believe I didnt notice it before.Thanks Chris

William Wong

But that function doesnt work if yoou have plugins installed.

Chris via Groups.Io 於 15/3/2020 18:51 寫道:

Under nvda general settings try the use currently saved setting for login and other secure screens option

I just tried configuring NVDA settings on the startup screen to make the voice faster. This is really annoying with UAC dialogues in particular.

I then wanted to save the new settings but noticed that there is no "save configuration" option in the NVDA menu. and when coming back to the lock screen, indeed the new settings are reset back.

Is it categorically impossible for me to configure NVDA settings for the startup screen as a user, or is there a workaround?

Really appreciate if anyone can share if they know!

Kind Regards,

Sam

if we have addons,
we recieve a message about security and whether we want to copy
configurations or not.
then, if we say yes,
it works.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Sarah k Alawami

You don't really need it to, just the voice and pseed in my humble opinion. That shut down screen is sparce at best and it needs to be.

Take care

On 15 Mar 2020, at 17:12, William Wong wrote:

But that function doesnt work if yoou have plugins installed.

Chris via Groups.Io 於 15/3/2020 18:51 寫道:

Under nvda general settings try the use currently saved setting for login and other secure screens option

I just tried configuring NVDA settings on the startup screen to make the voice faster. This is really annoying with UAC dialogues in particular.

I then wanted to save the new settings but noticed that there is no "save configuration" option in the NVDA menu. and when coming back to the lock screen, indeed the new settings are reset back.

Is it categorically impossible for me to configure NVDA settings for the startup screen as a user, or is there a workaround?

Really appreciate if anyone can share if they know!

Kind Regards,

Sam

Kevin Cussick

Yes it does.