Is "Sophos antivirus" accessible with NVDA?

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

I am using NVDA 2020.4 and Windows 10, all updated.  Is “Sophos antivirus” accessible with NVDA?

Thanks,

Richard

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

Because Sophos can be controlled, for the most part, using the website, it is more accessible than most antivirus products on the market. The dashboard within the Sophos app is not, but the web interface is, and you can do pretty much whatever you wish to using that web interface.

Thanks.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

attachments for security threats.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

Thank you, and have a great day!

Thomas N. Chan

Sophos is accessible from the web  interface, quite unuseable on the application itself. you can do full scan from the appliction itself.
but once you set it up on the web interface,  you basically can let it do its job.
you can set up schedule scan, tell it what to do if it detect a threat, and exclude files or folder.
it will email you if it detects things, fail to update, didn't meet policy and so on.
for the price you pay, you get more device protected.

the other one i recommend is call vipre advance security

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 8:05 AM Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:
[...]

First, I am not questioning anyone's product choices.

That being said, what is it that you're trying to protect?  If it's just your PC, then I'd suggest you have a look at what the independent antivirus and security suite testing labs are saying about how products are performing.  Windows Defender, which comes with Windows 10, has consistently been in the top tier of products for years now, since it's major overhaul around the time Windows 8 came out.  And it's quite accessible.

Look at the most recent testing results from the following antivirus/security testing labs, along with the historical results from the past several years if you want to see how Windows Security/Defender has been performing.  Windows Security has been solidly in the top 10, often top 5, and frequently beats out several well-known competitors that one must pay for.

AV Test

AV Comparatives

SE Labs  (Reports Page)

MRG Effitas  (360 Protection Testing Category)

Looking at these reports will also give you an idea of how the other products are performing, and if you look at several reporting cycles, you'll also see that "being number one" really doesn't matter because the top products constantly change ranking depending on the samples used for testing in any given cycle.  The differences in real-world protection between number one and number ten on most of these rankings is insignificant to your average user, and what was number one in one cycle can fall to number six in the next, and vice versa.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

Richard B. McDonald

Hi Brian!

I agree with you about the goodness of Windows Defender, and the not-so-great goodness of Sophos.  However, this is not a “choice” thing but rather a corporate requirement as regards HIPAA.

Thanks,

Richard