is the mail app accessible in windows 10

P. Otter

hello all,
i'm wondering if the mail app is accessible with nvda?
i've tryed it, i see the messages, but when i press enter i'm in the read window but i can't read any text.
are there trics to read the messages?
cheers
paul otter

Dan Beaver

Hi,

The answer is no.  I tried it too but had the same issues you are having.

I did find on the suggestions of others here that the Thunderbird app works quite well.  I am using it very happily now.

Dan Beaver

On 3/4/2016 8:58 AM, P. Otter wrote:
hello all,
i'm wondering if the mail app is accessible with nvda?
i've tryed it, i see the messages, but when i press enter i'm in the read window but i can't read any text.
are there trics to read the messages?
cheers
paul otter

Hi,

This might change: according to some, Mail app works with latest next snapshots (at least say all works, according to them).

Cheers,

Joseph

The answer is no.  I tried it too but had the same issues you are having.

I did find on the suggestions of others here that the Thunderbird app works quite well.  I am using it very happily now.

Dan Beaver

On 3/4/2016 8:58 AM, P. Otter wrote:

hello all,

i'm wondering if the mail app is accessible with nvda?

i've tryed it, i see the messages, but when i press enter i'm in the read window but i can't read any text.

are there trics to read the messages?

cheers

paul otter

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Paul,

The mail ap in windows 10 isn't accessible yet with NVDA. I'm happily using mozilla thunderbird and it works great.

Rosemarie

On 3/4/2016 5:58 AM, P. Otter wrote:
hello all,
i'm wondering if the mail app is accessible with nvda?
i've tryed it, i see the messages, but when i press enter i'm in the read window but i can't read any text.
are there trics to read the messages?
cheers
paul otter

Armando <braille.bt4753@...>

I also use Mozilla Thunderbird Portable addition as my mail client?

Hi, Paul,

The mail ap in windows 10 isn't accessible yet with NVDA. I'm happily using mozilla thunderbird and it works great.

Rosemarie

On 3/4/2016 5:58 AM, P. Otter wrote:
hello all,
i'm wondering if the mail app is accessible with nvda?
i've tryed it, i see the messages, but when i press enter i'm in the read window but i can't read any text.
are there trics to read the messages?
cheers
paul otter

P. Otter

that's good news!
i'm not so satisfied with thunderbird as most other.
my problem is, when i start thunderbird, and  i go into the inbox the cursor is on the upper of the list, while for example winmail has the cursor on the last read email.
but as far i know that is impossible to do with thunderbird.
i hope that it better in the mail app.
on my laptop wich is working with windows 10 home, I have succeeded to let winmail work on windows 10.
on my desktop i tryed the same tric, but without succes.
it's a pitty.
windows vista was a realy bad os but winmail is the only  brilliant light weight  email client.
the rest of vista, i can't better talk about it!
cheers
paul otter

This might change: according to some, Mail app works with latest next snapshots (at least say all works, according to them).

Cheers,

Joseph

The answer is no.  I tried it too but had the same issues you are having.

I did find on the suggestions of others here that the Thunderbird app works quite well.  I am using it very happily now.

Dan Beaver

On 3/4/2016 8:58 AM, P. Otter wrote:

hello all,

i'm wondering if the mail app is accessible with nvda?

i've tryed it, i see the messages, but when i press enter i'm in the read window but i can't read any text.

are there trics to read the messages?

cheers

paul otter

Lino Morales

I tried this in the latest snapshot, but it was hit and miss. The mail app quit on me and I got the NVDA piano error sound. I opened it up again and it read fine with NVDA plus downarrow. I don't want to keep screwing with it till it is working 100 percent in 2016.2 or later.

On 3/4/2016 10:46 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

This might change: according to some, Mail app works with latest next snapshots (at least say all works, according to them).

Cheers,

Joseph

The answer is no.  I tried it too but had the same issues you are having.

I did find on the suggestions of others here that the Thunderbird app works quite well.  I am using it very happily now.

Dan Beaver

On 3/4/2016 8:58 AM, P. Otter wrote:

hello all,

i'm wondering if the mail app is accessible with nvda?

i've tryed it, i see the messages, but when i press enter i'm in the read window but i can't read any text.

are there trics to read the messages?

cheers

paul otter

Rosemarie Chavarria

I hope it'll work with NVDA 2016.2 and later. I won't mess with it until then.