is there a tutorial to use NVDA with thunderbird email client

g melconian

Hello I would like to ask a question. Is there a good tutorial to set up and use NVDA with thunderbird email client.  If there  is,  where  can I go to find that  info for setting up annd using thunderbird email client with NVDA.

Edited

On accessibilitycentral.net: Accessible email client Mozilla Thunderbird

      ~ Brian Vogel

By the way, with regard to the Quick Folder Key Navigation Add-On, I strongly suggest getting this through Thunderbird's own add-on manager.

Here's my own very brief tutorial on Thunderbird: Thunderbird Email Client Tutorial

I'd forgotten about having written that.

      ~ Brian Vogel

Hareth

Although I did this new comers tutorial using jaws its still similar
with NVDA usage.
Done on the vipconduit.com website but the list for an audio plus some
text files with dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/83fyh408eg0d86n/Thunderbird%20Files.zip?dl=1
TC

On accessibilitycentral.net:
Accessible email client Mozilla Thunderbird

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.
The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression,
which are contained in and actuated by the body. What you do and say is the
clearest indicator of who you are.

~ Brian Vogel

g melconian

Thanks Bryan,  for this one.

By the way, with regard to the Quick Folder Key Navigation Add-On, I strongly suggest getting this through Thunderbird's own add-on manager.

Here's my own very brief tutorial on Thunderbird: Thunderbird Email Client Tutorial

I'd forgotten about having written that.

      ~ Brian Vogel

Tony Ballou

Hi,

Go to

accessibilitycentral.net/accessible email client mozilla thunderbird.html

you'll find a really nice tutorial there.

Tony

On 6/5/2021 3:40 AM, g melconian wrote:

Hello I would like to ask a question. Is there a good tutorial to set up and use NVDA with thunderbird email client.  If there  is,  where  can I go to find that  info for setting up annd using thunderbird email client with NVDA.

Don Breda

Hi Listers,

Wondering why when I go to accessibilitycentral.net/accessible email client mozilla thunderbird.html I get error 403 forbidden document you don't have access.

Don

On 06-Jun-21 2:00 PM, Tony Ballou wrote:

Hi,

Go to

accessibilitycentral.net/accessible email client mozilla thunderbird.html

you'll find a really nice tutorial there.

Tony

On 6/5/2021 3:40 AM, g melconian wrote:

Hello I would like to ask a question. Is there a good tutorial to set up and use NVDA with thunderbird email client.  If there  is,  where  can I go to find that  info for setting up annd using thunderbird email client with NVDA.

Because that URL is not correct.  I gave the correct one ages before, back on June 5th in the second message in this topic.

      ~ Brian Vogel

Gene

It looks as though there is a problem with the server and it isn’t letting people access the site, though it should.

Wondering why when I go to accessibilitycentral.net/accessible email client mozilla thunderbird.html I get error 403 forbidden document you don't have access.

Don

On 06-Jun-21 2:00 PM, Tony Ballou wrote:

Hi,

Go to

accessibilitycentral.net/accessible email client mozilla thunderbird.html

you'll find a really nice tutorial there.

Tony

On 6/5/2021 3:40 AM, g melconian wrote:

Hello I would like to ask a question. Is there a good tutorial to set up and use NVDA with thunderbird email client.  If there  is,  where  can I go to find that  info for setting up annd using thunderbird email client with NVDA.

Gene

But even if I just go to the main address, accessibilitycentral.net which I tried before and is the same in both messages, the forbidden message comes up.  there is a problem of some sort with the server.

Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2021 8:46 AM

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 10:01 AM, Gene wrote:
there is a problem of some sort with the server.
-
I agree.  That doesn't change the fact that a "wonky URL" can and will often cause you to get Forbidden messages because you're landing in a spot not open to the public.

I didn't even bother to check based on the message quoted, as the URL was problematic from the get-go and the correct one had already been provided.  When it comes to the internet, stuff like this happens, and it generally gets fixed once the ISP does whatever voodoo needs to be done to get the server up and running again.

      ~ Brian Vogel

Gene

I agree and I strongly believe that people should absolutely not write long addresses from memory.  People make mistakes and mistakes may be dangerous, not just inconvenient.  Criminals who spread malware are known for buying addresses that are very similar to popular addresses.  If someone makes an error in going to an address, they may land on these sites and have malware try to be downloaded to their machine or try to be exploited in other ways.

and people, if they write by hand may leave out whether this is an http:// or an http://www. which can be written as just www. address.  Browsers often go to the right address, but if they don’t, you may have problems reaching the site.

People should go to the page they want to send people to and copy the address from the address bar except in the case of reasonably short and simple addresses such as
http://www.microsoft.com. And they shouldn’t write an address unless they are absolutely sure it is the correct one.
And if they are going to write it out, it is very important that they check the address carachter by carachter after they write it for safety and security.

Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2021 9:22 AM

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 10:35 AM, Gene wrote:
People should go to the page they want to send people to and copy the address from the address bar
-
Which is, far and away, the easiest way to ensure accuracy.  I can't remember the last time I've actually typed out a URL rather than copying and pasting.  The only one I still do that for is when referring people to the site for the Everything Search software, which is https://voidtools.com.  I've got that one memorized and it's very short.  But even then I have it in my file that contains the list of "frequently referenced websites" and I tend to copy and paste it as click-through text that reads, Everything Search Software.

I'd always rather that a link tell you what it's about.  Naked URLs often give you no idea.  But, of course, when it comes to URLs that use click-through text, you do need to trust the source for same before just "clicking through"/activating.  If you don't, then you need to check out what URL you're being directed to before just going there.

      ~ Brian Vogel

Rosemarie Chavarria

It looks like the site is down.

On 6/8/2021 3:01 AM, Don Breda wrote:

Hi Listers,

Wondering why when I go to accessibilitycentral.net/accessible email client mozilla thunderbird.html I get error 403 forbidden document you don't have access.

Don

On 06-Jun-21 2:00 PM, Tony Ballou wrote:

Hi,

Go to

accessibilitycentral.net/accessible email client mozilla thunderbird.html

you'll find a really nice tutorial there.

Tony

On 6/5/2021 3:40 AM, g melconian wrote:

Hello I would like to ask a question. Is there a good tutorial to set up and use NVDA with thunderbird email client.  If there  is,  where  can I go to find that  info for setting up annd using thunderbird email client with NVDA.

Louise Pfau

Hi.  How do you create a click-through link?  I’ve got a microsoft word document that contains a list of website titles and their respective urls.

Thanks,

Louise

Well it maybe because of the cloud glitch that was about last night.

It happened after I logged off for the night but I heard it on the news.

A lot of stuff couldn't run in the middle of the night.

But I was sleeping.

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 05:05 PM, Louise Pfau wrote:
How do you create a click-through link?

In Microsoft Word (and, actually, most places) this is done by:

1. typing out whatever text it is you want to use for the link
2. copying the URL you want that text to go to
3. Select that text
4. Hit CTRL+K
5. Paste the URL into Address edit box (which is what you're in once the dialog is opened via CTRL+K).
6. Hitting the OK button.

After that, the text itself will appear as a hyperlink which, when activated, goes to the website whose address you provided.

      ~ Brian Vogel

Accessibilitycentral.net appears to be back to the land of the living.

 Accessible email client Mozilla Thunderbird

      ~ Brian Vogel

Louise Pfau

Hi Brian.  I think I got it.  I had trouble with a couple of websites where the url took multiple lines by wrapping around.

Thanks,

Louise