Is there a way to get more voices for NVDA?

Lexi

I was wondering, is there a way to get more voices for NVDA? Or am I just stuck with the same five voices? I was told to get more voices that I would have to pay for them. Is that true? If it isn't, how would I go by doing it? Please be blessed and be safe. Thank you,
Lexi

Rosemarie Chavarria

You can get voices from Code Factory. At Guys has the eloquence voices I think for 69 dollars. It comes with a lot of different voice from what I read on the site yesterday.

On 5/16/2021 8:16 PM, Lexi wrote:
I was wondering, is there a way to get more voices for NVDA? Or am I just stuck with the same five voices? I was told to get more voices that I would have to pay for them. Is that true? If it isn't, how would I go by doing it? Please be blessed and be safe. Thank you,
Lexi

There are quite a few English voices under OneCore, but the ones for other country's dialects need to be added in Windows itself.

Settings, Time & Language, Language Pane, Add a language button.  I have the English voices for USA, Canada, UK, and Australia installed on this machine.

There are a number of other synthesizers as well, some you pay for and others you don't.  But there are lots of others here who can speak to the details on that.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

Lexi

I only found five or six of them though. Including two British voices that sounded exactly the same. I think one was hazel and one was Kate and then I found one named David and then I found one named Mark and I think that was about it. That was only in the NVDA menu though. Please be blessed and be safe. Thank you,
Lexi

On Sun, May 16, 2021 at 10:39 PM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
There are quite a few English voices under OneCore, but the ones for other country's dialects need to be added in Windows itself.

Settings, Time & Language, Language Pane, Add a language button.  I have the English voices for USA, Canada, UK, and Australia installed on this machine.

There are a number of other synthesizers as well, some you pay for and others you don't.  But there are lots of others here who can speak to the details on that.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

Socheat

Yes, you get eloquence bundled with Vocalizer voices.