Topics

Is there a way, using NVDA, to copy Spotify URI links with the new interface?

Joshua Tubbs

Hi all,

I want to use a third-party app that requires me to get a Spotify URI instead of the main URL.

Those without screen readers mouse over the "copy playlist/track/artist URL link" option and hold down alt, where it will then change to copying the URI.

However, I have had issues using NVDA. A mouse hover is like with the NVDA virtual mouse simply moving a mouse to the object, or at least that's what I thought it was.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gene

That's my understanding, but there are times when, for reasons I don't know, the mouse doesn't move at all or to the desired location. On some web pages or on some controls on some web pages, I'm not sure what the case is, I can't move the mouse to the desired location.

I want to use a third-party app that requires me to get a Spotify URI instead of the main URL.

Those without screen readers mouse over the "copy playlist/track/artist URL link" option and hold down alt, where it will then change to copying the URI.

However, I have had issues using NVDA. A mouse hover is like with the NVDA virtual mouse simply moving a mouse to the object, or at least that's what I thought it was.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joshua Tubbs

Is there an OCR addon for NVDA that's as good as the internal Windows 10 OCR that actually allows you to click things and has support for that? You can click with the current OCR but you can have the same issue you mentioned.