Topics

Is there an accessible video editor I can use with NVDA?

Joshua Tubbs

Hi all,

I have tried open source video editor Shotcut. Opening videos is
accessible and we can move through them, but I'm not sure how to join
videos and/or move segments.

Replay Media Splitter, a program that I thought would be accessible
due to their other products, is not accessible.

So, does anybody know of an accessible way to both remove segments
from video via selection, and also join videos together? Reaper video
rendering is very, very slow and is a deal breaker for me.

Thanks.

Joshua Tubbs

Well, I really wish Replay Media Splitter was accessible right about now.

That app opens videos extremely fast and I can hit play without it
buffering and freezing.

Virtual Dub is just as bad as Reaper with large videos. I open it, hit
space and it buffers like crazy. I'm not sure what to do about it.
When I hit space it says dub in progress and I can't hit any key to
stop it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If other video editors open
videos and play them back without any issues it can't be a CPU
problem.

On 9/22/19, Robert Kingett <@blindjourno> wrote:
Check the 2 below links.

1. [The NVDA applications
page.](https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/Application-Support)
2. [Microsoft
photos.](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/photo-movie-editor)

This is a message I received on this subject elsewhere. Here you go.

Hello,
I tried FreeMake Video Converter using NVDA.
FreeVideoEditor_1.4.56.703_d.exe
https://www.freemake.com/how_to/how_to_cut_video_quickly

1After installing,  Open freeMake Video Converter

2 from the file menu choose add video
3 from the edit menu, choose edit
4 After the video loads,
Press spacebar to play or pause
press Home to move to start
End to go to the end
press ctrl+L to mark the start
ctrl+R to mark the finish
ctrl+Delete to delete the selected part.
5 Next, tab pass the Rotate 90° CW button.
 Now there will be three unlabeled buttons.
Choose the second button and press enter.
6 Tab to get to the desired format, such as, mp4.
Press enter to choose it.
7 Now tab or shift+tab to the convert button and press enter.
A new screen appears with two options:
1 Convert without logo  button
2 Link
choose this link and press enter.
8 After the video is converted, there will be a OK button, press it.
9 There will be a close button, after pressing it, press alt+F4 to exit the program.
You will need to get someone to view your video to let us know if the Logo is on the entire video, or only at the beginning.
Thanks,
Rob

On 9/22/2019 4:58 PM, Joshua Tubbs wrote:
Hi all,

I have tried open source video editor Shotcut. Opening videos is
accessible and we can move through them, but I'm not sure how to join
videos and/or move segments.

Replay Media Splitter, a program that I thought would be accessible
due to their other products, is not accessible.

So, does anybody know of an accessible way to both remove segments
from video via selection, and also join videos together? Reaper video
rendering is very, very slow and is a deal breaker for me.

Thanks.

Sarah k Alawami

I actually was going to suggest reaper, as it only takes about an hour to render about 2 hours of content on a good day or rm. but I'm on a mac.

Whe I use reaper it takes 30 minutes to render 2 hours of content on my windows machine, so I'd say it is yrou processer that is barfing.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 22 Sep 2019, at 13:58, Joshua Tubbs wrote:

Hi all,

I have tried open source video editor Shotcut. Opening videos is
accessible and we can move through them, but I'm not sure how to join
videos and/or move segments.

Replay Media Splitter, a program that I thought would be accessible
due to their other products, is not accessible.

So, does anybody know of an accessible way to both remove segments
from video via selection, and also join videos together? Reaper video
rendering is very, very slow and is a deal breaker for me.

Thanks.

Andy B.

Hi,

Try Windows 10 Photos app. I use it for video editing all the time.

Andy Borka

Accessibility Engineer

[...]

How well does this app work for editing of videos?

On 9/23/2019 8:07 AM, Andy B. wrote:

[...]

You can trim, but I've never actually managed to merge successfully. If your stuff is in mkv or anything other than m4v or mp4 forget opening it in photoe editor.

On 23 Sep 2019, at 11:56, Governor staten wrote:

[...]

Angelo Sonnesso

There is a way that you can merge videos with VLC Media Player.

73 N2DYN Angelo

[...]

Thre is but I don't use it. I think the last time I tried as I chose the wrong mp4 container for the thing I wastrying to merge and got a horable noise.

On 23 Sep 2019, at 13:07, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:

[...]

Tyaseta Rabita Nugraeni Sardjono

yes, windows movie maker , virtual dub

Joshua Tubbs

In both Freemake and Virtual Dub, how do you fast forward/rewind
through a video? It appears I have to play up to the point I want to
start or end at. Not great for long videos.

Windows 10 Photos doesn't seem half bad. But is there a way to cut
video with that? Joining videos with it is dead simple. In Virtual Dub
the fast forward and fast backward to quickly skip through the video
are the same key shortcut. When playing the video with space, most of
the menus go away.

I'd appreciate any help on this.

On 9/26/19, Tyaseta Rabita Nugraeni Sardjono via Groups.Io
<tyaseta_rabita=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
yes, windows movie maker , virtual dub

 see the same issue with Free Make. If that issue could be solved, I"d probably seriously consider buying it.