Topics

is there any option with NVDA to READ SINGLE DIGITS AND NOT A GROOUP OF DIGITS

Moty Azrad

Dear all,

The subject line explains well my question and if yes, how can I do it and which changes must be done to enable this feature?

Moti

Moti Azrad Musician & Piano tuner
motiaz@...
azrad_moty@...
motia@...
https://www.facebook.com/moti.azrad
ISRAEL

Tyler Spivey

Please learn regular expressions.
Add a new dictionary entry.
match: (\d)
replace: \1
(note there's a trailing space at the end)
type: Regular expression

motiaz@gmail.com
azrad_moty@hotmail.com
motia@013.net
https://www.facebook.com/moti.azrad
ISRAEL

Gene NZ <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Moti

The way I usually read them is with the review text command in NVDA

On the numeric keypad, I will use the number one for previous character, the number 2 for current character and the number 3 for next character or in your case numbers. I am using a desktop pc and have the numeric keypad so this can be done.

Depending what it is in as well you might even be able to do it with the left and right arrow keys.

I think also some of the paid synths will do it, but i find the review text commands do the trick for me plus i can copy them if needed.

Gene nz

On 21-Mar-16 7:04 AM, Moty Azrad wrote:
Dear all,

The subject line explains well my question and if yes, how can I do it and which changes must be done to enable this feature?

Moti

Moti Azrad Musician & Piano tuner
motiaz@...
azrad_moty@...
motia@...
https://www.facebook.com/moti.azrad
ISRAEL

Moty Azrad

thanks, Gene.

Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2016 8:39 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] is there any option with NVDA to READ SINGLE DIGITS AND NOT A GROOUP OF DIGITS

--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

Moti Azrad Musician & Piano tuner
motiaz@...
azrad_moty@...
motia@...
https://www.facebook.com/moti.azrad
ISRAEL

This one has come up before. I seem to recall some kind of regular expression was used, but it is not foolproof as numbers can be written with many different separators.
I don't have the item stored here as I tend to drop into cursor edit mode to read numbers.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

The subject line explains well my question and if yes, how can I do it and
which changes must be done to enable this feature?

Moti

Moti Azrad Musician & Piano tuner
motiaz@gmail.com
azrad_moty@hotmail.com
motia@013.net
https://www.facebook.com/moti.azrad
ISRAEL

Chris Mullins

This works a treat:
Open NVDA menu, Preferences, speech dictionary.
Press enter on voice dictionary, then activate the Add button .
Enter the following:

Pattern: (\d)
Replacement: \1 (Note there is a space after the 1 which you must enter)
Comment: Speak numbers using single digits
Leave case sensitivity checkbox unchecked
Select 'Regular Expression' from the Type Grouping combo box.
Activate Ok button to complete the entry
Activate OK button to exit dictionary manager.

Regular expression coding supplied by Tyler Spivey.

Cheers
Chris