issue with 2021-2 rc1

Don H

Still losing the use of the NVDA hot keys with RC1.

sean@...

Hi Don,

Was this a problem in 2021.1?

Could you file a bug report here?

Thanks,

Sean

I also created a tutorial, with a MS-Word fillable form to go with it, so that those new to GitHub and filing trouble/bug reports could have a much easier time of it and have a structured approach to follow so that all the elements requested for those reports would end up having been done before the report was even begun.

Creating an Issue in GitHub for NVDA

Even though direct links to the following exist in the tutorial, I'll also place them here:

MS-Word Fillable Form for an NVDA Bug Report Including Pre and Post Filling-Out Instructions

MS-Word Fillable Form for an NVDA Bug Report Including Only Post Filling-Out Instructions

How to Unprotect a Completed Fillable Word Form so the Entire Document Can Be Copied

--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quentin Christensen

Also to add to what others have said, if you file an issue (which I'd encourage) but even if you don't, it's hard to investigate without some steps to replicate.  The issue template has a list of questions to prompt you to think about the information required - but basically, what software (and versions) are you using on your computer?  What NVDA add-ons are you using (and if you restart NVDA with add-ons disabled does it still happen), and if you turn my computer on, and ensure NVDA is running, and I'm using the same add-ons, what specific keys can you press to replicate the issue.  With that information, I (or someone else), can try exactly the same things and see if it happens.  If it does, then I can produce a log and experiment and try to work out what is going on.  If I can't, then what might be unique about your system - and in that case, a log (at debug level) might help us ascertain what is going on and what is different about your system.

(That was all meant to be a general run-through of why we ask for that info - if you need any help on specifics, do please refer to the information Brian provided in his reply, and if you still get stuck, let us know :))

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 12:21 AM Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
Still losing the use of the NVDA hot keys with RC1.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager