Topics

Issue With NVDA 2019 RC 2 When Computer Boots

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

When I boot the computer, NVDA 2019.3 RC 2 seems to lock up or unload.  This issue did not occur in any previous version of NVDA either stable or beta.  I hear NVDA start and then it stops speaking.  I wait a minute or so and press some reading keys--such as insert + T for title.  With no speech, if I press the hotkey to start NVDA, it starts.  Is anyone else seeing this issue?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

It seems in the Rc release under general settings then Automatically start NVDA after I log on to Windows check box has become unchecked it will need to be checked again.

So maybe there is something in the RC release that un checks it?

I thought they had fixed that bug it did not show in the betas. I got caught out with it 2 thought the computer was not booting up correctly.

Gene nz

On 6/02/2020 3:35 am, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

When I boot the computer, NVDA 2019.3 RC 2 seems to lock up or unload.  This issue did not occur in any previous version of NVDA either stable or beta.  I hear NVDA start and then it stops speaking.  I wait a minute or so and press some reading keys--such as insert + T for title.  With no speech, if I press the hotkey to start NVDA, it starts.  Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Arlene

Yes, I’ve seen this before.  I just check the check box.  I’ve seen this with another screen reader as well when I beta tested it.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: February 5, 2020 6:35 AM
To: NVDA Official Group
Subject: [nvda] Issue With NVDA 2019 RC 2 When Computer Boots

Hi Group,

When I boot the computer, NVDA 2019.3 RC 2 seems to lock up or unload. 

This issue did not occur in any previous version of NVDA either stable

or beta.  I hear NVDA start and then it stops speaking.  I wait a minute

or so and press some reading keys--such as insert + T for title.  With

no speech, if I press the hotkey to start NVDA, it starts.  Is anyone

else seeing this issue?

--

Um there should be a log generated.

look at nvda old .log and send us all lines below nvda initialised.

If there is a traceback which there undoubtedly is it should show up here if it was at all logged.

Hi Group,

Ron Canazzi

Hi Shawn,

Well I allowed an update from 2019.3 RC 2 to 2019.3 RC 3 and it seems to have fixed the problem.

On 2/5/2020 5:58 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:

If there is a traceback which there undoubtedly is it should show up here if it was at all logged.

Hi Group,

--

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hi,

I suppose it is not the same problem but my experience might help to throw some light on your issue.
I had a problem with the voice settings with the new RC of NVDA in which I chose "Realtek Digital Output" as the output device. This worked for a while and then went silent and refused to speak when I booted the computer. I reset the output device to "Speakers (Realtek High Definition" and NVDA started speaking again and has not stopped since!

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 10:59 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Issue With NVDA 2019 RC 2 When Computer Boots

Hi Group,

When I boot the computer, NVDA 2019.3 RC 2 seems to lock up or
unload. This issue did not occur in any previous version of NVDA
either stable or beta. I hear NVDA start and then it stops speaking.
I wait a minute or so and press some reading keys--such as insert + T
for title. With no speech, if I press the hotkey to start NVDA, it
starts. Is anyone else seeing this issue?