Topics

Java Access Bridge

Chris Mullins

hi

This is what to look out for when Java access bridge doesn’t install properly.

This is an excerpt from my NVDA Log (logging level set to Info) after the WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll was not installed in my Windows\SysWow64 folder after I ran the Java 8 version 73 update.

display driver noBraille, current display has 0 cells.

INFO - brailleInput.initialize (11:07:42):

Braille input initialized

WARNING - core.main (11:07:42):

Java Access Bridge not available

INFO - core.main (11:08:00):

NVDA initialized

I re-ran the Java update and it worked the second time.

Loaded braille display driver noBraille, current display has 0 cells.

INFO - brailleInput.initialize (13:32:07):

Braille input initialized

INFO - core.main (13:32:08):

NVDA initialized

Cheers

Chris

My chris.mullins4@... address will soon be closed

Please substitute this new address in your contacts list

Pete <emac00@...>

I received the same after updating java one time so recopied the access bridge. Note for 32 bit windows only there is the access bridge d l l file with out the 32 in it to go in to the system32 folder.