Topics

java access bridge doesn't work in nvda anymore

hello
i have installed version 2019.3 and in >what's new in nvda< i can read that java access bridge is accessible now for nvda. i started an application that needs java to see if there are changes, it doesn't recognized anymore and java access bridge wasn't deactivated in ease of access center. some hours before it has still worked. can someone please help?
sorry if my english is not perfect.

Quentin Christensen

What is the Java program you are using which doesn't work?  Have you got a link to its website please?

Also have you restarted your computer since updating NVDA?  (It's worth doing that just because sometimes random things can misbehave in that time between updating software and restarting the PC).

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 12:27 PM heike67 <heikesb1967@...> wrote:
hello
i have installed version 2019.3 and in >what's new in nvda< i can read that java access bridge is accessible now for nvda. i started an application that needs java to see if there are changes, it doesn't recognized anymore and java access bridge wasn't deactivated in ease of access center. some hours before it has still worked. can someone please help?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

the program i use is Mediathek view and i have here a link to its website.
https://mediathekview.de/

i think i have something to explain. if you see the website, you will see the latest stable version, but i saw the nvda problem in an older version i turned back to last year, because my system said to the newer version something like: >this application can not be executed on your computer. i got no help from the developers, turned back to my older version and all was ok again until your latest update. and yes, i restarted my computer after i updated nvda and saw this problem.

kind regards

heike

Michael Maslo

I am new to nVda and was wondering where I would get Java access Bridge From? Also I have seen a application like this before in the office I work at.I was wondering the Purpose of this application?

Any help would be appreciated.                                                             

Sincerely,

Michael maslo

On Feb 11, 2020, at 19:59, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

What is the Java program you are using which doesn't work?  Have you got a link to its website please?

Also have you restarted your computer since updating NVDA?  (It's worth doing that just because sometimes random things can misbehave in that time between updating software and restarting the PC).

Kind regards

Quentin.

hello

--
Quentin Christensen

Kara Goldfinch

Michael,
Java Access Bridge is included with NVDA as of the latest version.

On 12 Feb 2020, at 04:36, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

I am new to nVda and was wondering where I would get Java access Bridge From? Also I have seen a application like this before in the office I work at.I was wondering the Purpose of this application?

Sincerely,

Michael maslo

Kind regards

Quentin.

hello

--
Quentin Christensen

Michael Maslo

Thank you very much v 

Sincerely,

Michael maslo

On Feb 12, 2020, at 10:17, Kara Goldfinch <kara.louise18@...> wrote:

Michael,
Java Access Bridge is included with NVDA as of the latest version.

On 12 Feb 2020, at 04:36, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

Sincerely,

Michael maslo

Kind regards

Quentin.

hello

--
Quentin Christensen

hello
i ask very carefully and without complaining, is there a chance to get solve my java problem?

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Hi Heike,

I can confirm 2 issues:

1. With 2019.3.1 and latest Java installed this program reads nothing
  2. When installing Java Access Bridge manually it reads somewhat, but not to a degree it used to be accessible before.

I used this program many years ago and it was very accessible with Java Acces Bridge installed but the newest version seems to be broken for screen readers.

But I still can see the problem that 2019.3.1 doesn’t come with an automatic install of Java Access Bridge, or I missed the procedure to install it.

Cheers,

Ralf

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of heike67
Sent: Dienstag, 18. Februar 2020 15:11
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] java access bridge doesn't work in nvda anymore

hello
i ask very carefully and without complaining, is there a chance to get solve my java problem?

hi ralf
thank you that you've confirmed this issue. it's great to know there's someone else who saw the problem. i use java 8u241. and i don't knew before that there are more than one version of java access bridge and in the ease of access center in windows 10 it is activated. the strange is, narrator recognices it better but not corectly either.

cheers too, but only with coke and water. :-)
heike