KeyBoard Nonresponsive On Win10 Machine After Installing NVDA2016.1

James Robinson

Hello List!

After installing NVDA2016.1 on my Win10 Machine, my keyboard has somehow become nonresponsive, but my mouse still works; I can move the mouse around and eventually the system will say “logon screen stuff and edit in the voice of my default screenreader; could I have accidentally turned something off or muted my system; I tried a second keyboard by changing the wireless device USB and trying its accompanying keyboard and mouse and the problem persists; and anyway I hope someone has some idea of what is happening to my system and can give me some suggestions on what to do to try to solve it.

One additional thing:  The shortcut combo of “CTRL+ALT+N is also the system shortcut for the SAmNet Systemt; I switched the shortcut for the Samnet program to another shortcut key but NVDA’s shortcut still does not work; should I re-enter the NVDA shortcut and see if it works.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

James Arthur Robinson, Sr., President
Jardata Corporation

Jacob Kruger

If you manage to bypass logon screen, does NVDA then work normally?

If so, under general settings, is NVDA set to start/be used at the windows logon screen?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2016-03-22 12:51 AM, James Robinson wrote:
Hello List!
[...]

hmm that shouldn't hhappen, you may need sighted help to login and restore then try again.
Have you tried a regular keyboard.
Have you tried your keyboard and mouse on another system?
Is that system the mouse the keyboard the boards, are they wireless?
Batteries in that case its why I eventually abandoned wireless boards.
The os is not working, try getting it fixed.

On 22/03/2016 11:51 a.m., James Robinson wrote:
[...]

Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...>

sometimes deu to some unknown reason the login screen gets stuck even
after entering the proper password if you have already not then try
restarting the system.
if the problem doesnt solve then after nvda starts press windows enter
and narrator should start once narrator starts you will see the
keyboard become responsive.
press windows enter again to stop narrator and login
some times nvda doesnt read the contents of the login screen it is
only when you move the mouse or start narrator nvda starts reading.

[...]

austinpinto.xaviers@gmail.com
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.