keyboard separate voice, idea?

Curtis Delzer

What if we wish a completely different voice for keyboard, or especially the speed? I became use to being able to adjust my keyboard voice many times faster than my reading speed. In my case, hearing the letters from the keyboard voice reassures me of error-less input, and the faster the voice the better I can type and faster I can too. :)
THANKS
--
Curtis Delzer
HS

curtis@calweb.com

Quentin Christensen

Hi Curtis,

Late replying, but it doesn't look like anyone has.  I don't specifically have an answer for you, but the main thing I'd suggest is adding the request as an issue on our issue tracker: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues - I'm not sure if anyone else has requested it before, but if they have that's where it should be as well.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 6:17 AM Curtis Delzer <curtis@...> wrote:
What if we wish a completely different voice for keyboard, or especially
the speed? I became use to being able to adjust my keyboard voice many
times faster than my reading speed. In my case, hearing the letters from
the keyboard voice reassures me of error-less input, and the faster the
voice the better I can type and faster I can too. :)
THANKS
--
Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Janet Brandly

Hi,

Window-Eyes had a feature where you could adjust any speech parameters for the keyboard, mouse, and reading voices separately. I loved that feature and really miss it in NVDA.

Janet

[...]

Steve Nutt

Yeah, JAWS has it too. I’m surprised that it is missing in NVDA.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

Put  a message in github or do an issue if you don’t see it when searching for issues on the nvda repo. I thought there was an issue already?

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 12:05 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I thought there was an issue already?
-
Well, if Quentin is unaware of it the probability that such exists is very slim.  I can't find one using a couple of choice keywords that looks only at open issues.

Creating an Issue in GitHub for NVDA (docx format)

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.