Topics

Learning other programs besides NVDA

Arlene

Oh yes, wen I tried to use total record I could do some things but I could not do much because you had a limited free trial then you had to pay for it.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: October 6, 2019 9:52 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] music production with NVDA

Hmph.

It was the other way at university for me.

It was before nvda, I was forced to use jaws, and while I was tought the keyboard shortcuts for word and some stuff, the person I had for excell didn't know how to teach me, so used the mouse to do everything.

So, I past the course on theory alone, knowing absolutely squat about what to do because someone did everything because they didn't know how to teach me.

In contrast the aid I had for my word classes, did all excercises a step ahead and looked up the list of shortcuts and had it in front of him so I could be properly instructed on what to press.

On 7/10/2019 4:06 pm, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

And frankly that is the best way to learn. I learn sound forge on my own, office 2009 o was it 2010 on my own as my teacher didn't know what he was doing, I taught him system access because jaws went barf. So yeah. I did mean post the question on rwp but we do not do much hand holding there as there are tools there for you to get your info from. They are in the footer of every single message, which reminds me I need to get the latest osara update from there.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 6 Oct 2019, at 15:25, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

That’s right, Molly. I had a teacher who was like that years ago when I was going to the program called the regional occupation program. She would just hand us the tapes with lessons and would tell us to not ask for help even if we got stuck on something. Eventually it got to the point where I didn’t ask for help anymore even if I really got stuck on something. I did everything myself even if it caused me to have headaches from trying so hard.

Rosemarie

Sent: Sunday, October 6, 2019 3:13 PM

I think telling someone to just google it defeats the purpose of a mailing list.  what would be the point of asking questions if all someone is told to look up the answer? It  benefits no one

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, October 6, 2019 6:03 PM

Amen, Orlando. One of these days she’ll need help with something and I wonder how she’ll feel if somebody else tells her something like “look upp the answer for yourself” without giving her the tools to search. If a question is asked repeatedly, then that’s a different story.

Rosemarie

Sent: Sunday, October 6, 2019 2:48 PM

At 04:14 PM 10/5/2019, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

>We are here to help one another, yes, however just like the franchise

>I'm in they do not hand hold, not all the time. You are after week 2 on

>your own. So yeah on the reaper list we will hold your  hand and give

>you the tools but after that we don't hand hold if you are asking basic

>questions such as How do I go from track 1 to track two. We gave you the

>tools,  now use them.

It would be easier not to respond to such people with elementary

questions than make them feel stupid for asking. We've talked about

this on other lists and you just don't get it. Everyone knows they

can Google something; responding to their requests telling them to

Google contributes absolutely nothing; I wish you'd stop doing that.

Orlando Enrique Fiol

Ph.D. in Music Theory

University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018

Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer

and Pedagogue

Home: (980) 585-1516

Mobile: (267) 971-7090

Email: ofiol@...