LibreOffice?

Viris g. Rodríguez <vgr.09.15@...>

Hello everybody. I think somebody mentioned LibreOffice a couple weeks ago. Mr. Quentin told me he was not sure as to whether the commands were the same as the ones used in Microsoft or something like that. I honestly don't remember pretty well.
If someone has used LibreOffice with NVDA, I would really appreciate any information. Is there an antivirus for this software?
Is Eloquence TTS compatible with it?
Are all the Microsoft functions and features available?
Thanks in advance.
Sincerely.

Quentin Christensen

LibreOffice is a free alternative to Microsoft Office.  So the first couple of questions actually don't apply:

- The Antivirus you use would be the same across the computer.  Any anti-virus which works on your PC should be just fine with LibreOffice
- By Eloquence I hope you are referring to the legal version.  In any case, the synthesizer simply reads whatever text NVDA passes to it.  So if something won't read in LibreOffice, it is likely because that feature is not accessible, and it won't matter what synthesizer you use.

The last one (paraphrased):
- Are all the functions and features from Microsoft Office available in LibreOffice

Is the key question.  The majority of features of Microsoft Office are available in LibreOffice.  There likely are some which aren't, but most will be.  The key considering however, is that not all of the features are as accessible as the equivalent features in Microsoft Office are.  Again, many are, but some may not be.

If you currently have a Microsoft Office subscription, I would recommend trying LibreOffice and deciding whether it works for what you need before your Microsoft subscription runs out, so you can make an informed decision as to whether to continue it or not.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Viris g. Rodríguez <vgr.09.15@...>

Okay, Sir. I get the impression that this message angered you but I don't understand why. As I said, I don't remember exactly what we talked, though I am aware that we had a conversation about this topic. Of course I'm referring to the legal version of Eloquence TTS. However, I don't have a Microsoft Office subscription yet. I'm learning to use NVDA little by little. Please do not forget that I'm completely new to this. For this reason, I thought every single question made sense.
I sincerely apologize to you.

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 3:35 PM Viris g. Rodríguez wrote:

Hello everybody. I think somebody mentioned LibreOffice a couple weeks ago. Mr. Quentin told me he was not sure as to whether the commands were the same as the ones used in Microsoft or something like that. I honestly don't remember pretty well.
If someone has used LibreOffice with NVDA, I would really appreciate any information. Is there an antivirus for this software?
Is Eloquence TTS compatible with it?
Are all the Microsoft functions and features available?
Thanks in advance.
Sincerely.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org

Training: https://www..nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Twitter: @NVAccess

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#90364) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

NVDA Topics on Groups.io - https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topics | NVDA Archive Search Page on Groups.io - https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/search

Get NVDA from: https://www.nvaccess.org/
Your continued donations help keep NVDA development going strong.. Donate at: https://www.nvaccess.org/donate
Get NVDA add-ons at: https://addons.nvda-project.org/
Other links:

_._,_._,_

Quentin Christensen

No, you didn't anger me at all!  I'm sorry if my response came across that way, I think something might have been lost in translation along the way.  Your questions are perfectly good questions and definitely acceptable here.

I admit I didn't go back and check our previous conversation before replying, but by simply answering the questions with as much detail as possible, I figured it might help anyone else who comes along and finds the question in the group.

Do please feel encouraged to download LibreOffice and give it a go: https://www.libreoffice.org/

And let us know how you find it and anything you get stuck with.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 4:44 PM Viris g. Rodríguez <vgr.09.15@...> wrote:
[...]

Never mind, Quentin. I'll give it a try.
God bless you.

[...]

View/Reply Online (#90366) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

NVDA Topics on Groups.io - https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topics | NVDA Archive Search Page on Groups.io - https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/search

Get NVDA from: https://www.nvaccess.org/
Your continued donations help keep NVDA development going strong.. Donate at: https://www.nvaccess.org/donate
Get NVDA add-ons at: https://addons.nvda-project.org/
Other links:

_._,_._,_

Tony Ballou

Hi,

Libre office is a suite of productivity programs, not an antivirus application.  Like Open Office, It uses the  graphic user interface, similar to what was used in earlier versions of microsoft office prior to Office 2007 which introduced the ribbon interface. To my knowledge, NVDA supports both Libre Office Writer, and Libre Office Calc. Your screen reader will not have any problems with it.   I'll post the keyboard shortcuts for each of these applications when I return from the road later today.

Tony

Tony

On 12/2/2021 11:35 PM, Viris g. Rodríguez wrote:
Hello everybody. I think somebody mentioned LibreOffice a couple weeks ago. Mr. Quentin told me he was not sure as to whether the commands were the same as the ones used in Microsoft or something like that. I honestly don't remember pretty well.
If someone has used LibreOffice with NVDA, I would really appreciate any information. Is there an antivirus for this software?
Is Eloquence TTS compatible with it?
Are all the Microsoft functions and features available?
Thanks in advance.
Sincerely.

Viris g. Rodríguez <vgr.09.15@...>

Thank you very much, Tony. Have a nice trip.

On 12/2/2021 11:35 PM, Viris g. Rodr�guez wrote:

Hello everybody. I think somebody mentioned LibreOffice a couple weeks ago. Mr. Quentin told me he was not sure as to whether the commands were the same as the ones used in Microsoft or something like that. I honestly don't remember pretty well.
If someone has used LibreOffice with NVDA, I would really appreciate any information. Is there an antivirus for this software?
Is Eloquence TTS compatible with it?
Are all the Microsoft functions and features available?
Thanks in advance.
Sincerely.

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#90376) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

NVDA Topics on Groups.io - https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topics | NVDA Archive Search Page on Groups.io - https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/search

Get NVDA from: https://www.nvaccess.org/
Your continued donations help keep NVDA development going strong. Donate at: https://www.nvaccess.org/donate
Get NVDA add-ons at: https://addons.nvda-project.org/
Other links:

_._,_._,_

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

The following web page has a tutorial on how to use the program as well with nvda.

This is for the program you are looking at.

Jump down to the heading I think it is called tutorials for talking computers, there is a link below it that takes you to where they are..

The link to nvda tutorials for other programs is http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html

There may also be other tutorials on this page of interest as well.

Gene nz

On 4/12/2021 8:57 am, Viris g. Rodríguez wrote:
[...]

Thanks a million.
Blessings.

On 12/2/2021 11:35 PM, Viris g. Rodrýguez wrote:

Hello everybody. I think somebody mentioned LibreOffice a couple weeks ago. Mr. Quentin told me he was not sure as to whether the commands were the same as the ones used in Microsoft or something like that. I honestly don't remember pretty well.
If someone has used LibreOffice with NVDA, I would really appreciate any information. Is there an antivirus for this software?
Is Eloquence TTS compatible with it?
Are all the Microsoft functions and features available?
Thanks in advance.
Sincerely.

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#90382) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic