Topics

libreoffice 5.1 latest version and nvda

Josh Kennedy

hi
i installed libreoffice 5.1 went into options and checked and unchecked and rechecked the accesibility checkbox. i am happy to report libreoffice 5.1 and later work great with NVDA I can even get font info with capslock f. nearly everything seems to be accessible. spell check is also accessible. if you want a free office suite working well with NVDA I recommend libreoffice. libreoffice calc also work very well.

--
follow me on twitter @joshknnd1982

Rosemarie Chavarria

I couldn't get it to work.

On 3/8/2016 8:40 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
hi
i installed libreoffice 5.1 went into options and checked and unchecked and rechecked the accesibility checkbox. i am happy to report libreoffice 5.1 and later work great with NVDA I can even get font info with capslock f. nearly everything seems to be accessible. spell check is also accessible. if you want a free office suite working well with NVDA I recommend libreoffice. libreoffice calc also work very well.

I'm wondering what the issue is. I installed it and it works. It sees
you have an accessibility tool running and it works. Should be all there
is to it. Someone please correct me if I'm srong.

I couldn't get it to work.

On 3/8/2016 8:40 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
hi
i installed libreoffice 5.1 went into options and checked and
unchecked and rechecked the accesibility checkbox. i am happy to
report libreoffice 5.1 and later work great with NVDA I can even get
font info with capslock f. nearly everything seems to be accessible.
spell check is also accessible. if you want a free office suite
working well with NVDA I recommend libreoffice. libreoffice calc also
work very well.

Jacob Kruger

Enabling java access bridge?

As in, depending on version of java, and version of windows, you can at times enable java access bridge (jab) under control panel, ease of access - windows key + U, and find the section for vision access, and it might show up there under windows 7 and later.

Alternatively, there's a command line command to turn it on, depending on the relevant version of java, or the java SDK installed - a command line application called jabswitch.exe, and you can run it with the /enable command line argument - generally it's somewhere like c:\program files\java\java version, etc.\bin, but anyway.
But, this is a guess, related to open office having required jab to cooperate a little while ago.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2016-03-08 7:30 PM, Governor staten wrote:
I'm wondering what the issue is. I installed it and it works. It sees
you have an accessibility tool running and it works. Should be all there
is to it. Someone please correct me if I'm srong.

I couldn't get it to work.

On 3/8/2016 8:40 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
hi
i installed libreoffice 5.1 went into options and checked and
unchecked and rechecked the accesibility checkbox. i am happy to
report libreoffice 5.1 and later work great with NVDA I can even get
font info with capslock f. nearly everything seems to be accessible.
spell check is also accessible. if you want a free office suite
working well with NVDA I recommend libreoffice. libreoffice calc also
work very well.

You don't need Java Access bridge any longer for LibreOffice.

On 3/8/2016 2:17 PM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
Enabling java access bridge?

As in, depending on version of java, and version of windows, you can
at times enable java access bridge (jab) under control panel, ease
of access - windows key + U, and find the section for vision access,
and it might show up there under windows 7 and later.

Alternatively, there's a command line command to turn it on,
depending on the relevant version of java, or the java SDK installed
- a command line application called jabswitch.exe, and you can run it
with the /enable command line argument - generally it's somewhere
like c:\program files\java\java version, etc.\bin, but anyway. But,
this is a guess, related to open office having required jab to
cooperate a little while ago.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger Blind Biker Skype: BlindZA "Roger Wilco wants to welcome
you...to the space janitor's closet..."

On 2016-03-08 7:30 PM, Governor staten wrote:
I'm wondering what the issue is. I installed it and it works. It
sees you have an accessibility tool running and it works. Should be
all there is to it. Someone please correct me if I'm srong.

I couldn't get it to work.

On 3/8/2016 8:40 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
hi i installed libreoffice 5.1 went into options and checked
and unchecked and rechecked the accesibility checkbox. i am
happy to report libreoffice 5.1 and later work great with NVDA
I can even get font info with capslock f. nearly everything
seems to be accessible. spell check is also accessible. if you
want a free office suite working well with NVDA I recommend
libreoffice. libreoffice calc also work very well.

Kevin Cussick

Your correct maybe she didn't install with screen reader running if this has been the case it will not switch all the accessibility stuff on and nothing much will read.

On 08/03/2016 17:30, Governor staten wrote:
I'm wondering what the issue is. I installed it and it works. It sees
you have an accessibility tool running and it works. Should be all there
is to it. Someone please correct me if I'm srong.

I couldn't get it to work.

On 3/8/2016 8:40 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
hi
i installed libreoffice 5.1 went into options and checked and
unchecked and rechecked the accesibility checkbox. i am happy to
report libreoffice 5.1 and later work great with NVDA I can even get
font info with capslock f. nearly everything seems to be accessible.
spell check is also accessible. if you want a free office suite
working well with NVDA I recommend libreoffice. libreoffice calc also
work very well.

Rosemarie Chavarria

NVDA was on when I installed it. I had to hit alt tab to get to the choices like writer or kelp.