From: Don H
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 11:32 AM
Subject: [nvda] links on web page

Running win 10 1903 and latest version2019.2 and google chrome.
I have a web page for my investments that has things that NVDA says are
links that I can't open.  I have tried hitting enter on them, used
insert f7 to get the elements list to activate the link and nothing
happens.  I have tried hitting insert space bar before hitting enter and
nothing happens.
If i get sighted help they can use a physical mouse to left click the
link which then opens a list of options similar to what a combo box
might do.  Any other ideas as how to deal with such a link?
Thanks

Sarah k Alawami

The laptop commands are nvda plus shift plus m then nvda plus left bracket.

Good luck.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 11 Sep 2019, at 9:47, Gene wrote:

In browse mode, when you are on the link, move the mouse to the link with numpad insert numpad star.  That is the key to the right of the numlock.  In other words, hold down numpad insert and press numpad star.
Then release both keys and left click with numpad star.

If you are using the laptop layout, someone can give you those commands.

Running win 10 1903 and latest version2019.2 and google chrome.
I have a web page for my investments that has things that NVDA says are
links that I can't open.  I have tried hitting enter on them, used
insert f7 to get the elements list to activate the link and nothing
happens.  I have tried hitting insert space bar before hitting enter and
nothing happens.
If i get sighted help they can use a physical mouse to left click the
link which then opens a list of options similar to what a combo box
might do.  Any other ideas as how to deal with such a link?
Thanks

Luke Davis

Hi Don

When the sighted user activates the link for you, are you then able to navigate the dropdown list of options?

Also, can you simulate this behavior by going to one of the links, pressing nvda+numpadDivide, then pressing numpadDivide on its own? In other words: routing the mouse to the current nav object, then left clicking it?

Btw: did I run into you on some StockGumshoe forum like five years ago, and exchange emails about programatic investing?

Luke

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019, Don H wrote:

Running win 10 1903 and latest version2019.2 and google chrome.
I have a web page for my investments that has things that NVDA says are links that I can't open. I have tried hitting enter on them, used insert f7 to get the elements list to activate the link and nothing happens. I have tried hitting insert space bar before hitting enter and nothing happens.
If i get sighted help they can use a physical mouse to left click the link which then opens a list of options similar to what a combo box might do. Any other ideas as how to deal with such a link?
Thanks

Don H

No I can not read the drop down list after a sighted helper clicks on the link.
All the suggestions so far have not helped in the least.
I have tried using Google Chrome, Brave, Firefox as the browser. I have tried usind NDDA, Jaws and narrator.
I have tried working with the company before and they are unwilling to change their site to offer better access.

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019, Don H wrote:

Running win 10 1903 and latest version2019.2 and google chrome.
I have a web page for my investments that has things that NVDA says are links that I can't open.  I have tried hitting enter on them, used insert f7 to get the elements list to activate the link and nothing happens.  I have tried hitting insert space bar before hitting enter and nothing happens.
If i get sighted help they can use a physical mouse to left click the link which then opens a list of options similar to what a combo box might do.  Any other ideas as how to deal with such a link?
Thanks

Arlene

That sucks!  What a company.  They should make it accessable for all.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10