List for add-on developers?

Janet Brandly

Hello all,

Is there an email list specifically for add-on developers and NVDA programmers? My husband, who is familiar with writing software, would like to try to write an addon to get NVDA to work with the medical transcription programs I am trying to use.

Thanks,

Janet B

Jujube

Addons list is at nvda-addons+subscribe@groups.io

On 7/19/21, Janet Brandly <jbrandly@shaw.ca> wrote:
Hello all,

Is there an email list specifically for add-on developers and NVDA
programmers? My husband, who is familiar with writing software, would like
to try to write an addon to get NVDA to work with the medical transcription
programs I am trying to use.

Thanks,

Janet B

Janet,

If your husband happens to be sighted, I'd suggest that he might want to look at Groups.io using its website and web interface.  He can create an account at Groups.io and, after having established that account, join any group or groups he wishes (that are not private and/or invitation only).  The NVDA Add-On Developers Group main page is:  https://nvda-addons.groups.io/g/nvda-addons .  This can prevent "inbox flooding" that many of us who see (and many who can't, too) just don't want to deal with and without the need to use the email flow controls available to any Groups.io user who prefers email: Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io (docx).

Their archive of messages is:  https://nvda-addons.groups.io/g/nvda-addons/topics and it is open to the public.

He may want to consider just taking a look around the group archive to determine whether he wants to proceed any further.

Yep.  Discipline.  Accountability.  Joy.  Fun.  Responsibility.

That's what life is about.  And in that order.

        ~ Liza Minnelli

Janet Brandly

Thank you for the info on resources for add-on developers. I will pass it on. If there are significant developments, I’ll share them here.

Janet B