Topics

List of Tabs "NOT Available Here"

kelby carlson

Hello,

I have noticed that recently when I am in Firefox and press NVDA+F6, NVDA says "not available here". I've reset Firefox and NVDA's configuration to no avail. I am running the latest Windows 10, and have not yet updated to NVDA 2019.3.

Anyone have suggestions?

Gene

There is no NVDA f6 command.  You are using a browser command, f6 to move from pane to pane or to different structures in the program.  Just use F6. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:27 AM
Subject: [nvda] List of Tabs "NOT Available Here"

Hello,

I have noticed that recently when I am in Firefox and press NVDA+F6, NVDA says "not available here". I've reset Firefox and NVDA's configuration to no avail. I am running the latest Windows 10, and have not yet updated to NVDA 2019.3.

Anyone have suggestions?

kelby carlson

I mistyped, I was using NVDA+F8.

On Feb 13, 2020, at 1:13 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

There is no NVDA f6 command.  You are using a browser command, f6 to move from pane to pane or to different structures in the program.  Just use F6. 

Gene

Hello,

Anyone have suggestions?

Gene

I am not aware of such a command and when I do it, nothing happens.  It also has no response in input help.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:34 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] List of Tabs "NOT Available Here"

Gene

Hello,

Anyone have suggestions?

Rui Fontes

I suppose he want to say NVDA+F7...

Rui

Às 20:05 de 13/02/2020, Gene escreveu:

I am not aware of such a command and when I do it, nothing happens.  It also has no response in input help.

Gene

Gene

Hello,

Anyone have suggestions?

Gene

Before resetting things and losing settings, if that's what happened, the first thing to do is to try the command in another browser.  What happens if you do?

Gene

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 2:10 PM

Rui

Gene

Gene

Hello,

Anyone have suggestions?

Gene

The reason for doing that is to try to find out if the problem is with Firefox or NVDA.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 2:26 PM

Before resetting things and losing settings, if that's what happened, the first thing to do is to try the command in another browser.  What happens if you do?

Gene

Rui

Gene

Gene

Hello,

Anyone have suggestions?

kelby carlson

NVDA+F8 is indeed a command and it opens a list of the currently active tabs in a browser window. I have a home and work computer, and it works on my home computer and not my work computer. It does not work with Internet explorer, but Firefox is the only other browser on my work computer., 

On Feb 13, 2020, at 3:28 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

The reason for doing that is to try to find out if the problem is with Firefox or NVDA.

Gene

Gene

Rui

Gene

Gene

Hello,

Anyone have suggestions?

Rui Fontes

Correct! It is a command from the Mozilla add-on...

Here is working alright...

Rui Fontes

Às 23:45 de 13/02/2020, kelby carlson escreveu:

NVDA+F8 is indeed a command and it opens a list of the currently active tabs in a browser window. I have a home and work computer, and it works on my home computer and not my work computer. It does not work with Internet explorer, but Firefox is the only other browser on my work computer., 

Gene

Gene

Rui

Gene

Gene

Hello,

Anyone have suggestions?

Gene

Nothing happened when I tried it.  I don't recall which browser I tried it with but there was no error message nor any response. 

Gene

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 5:45 PM

Gene

Gene

Rui

Gene

Gene

Hello,

Anyone have suggestions?

Gene

Then it isn't an NVDA command.  Is the Mozilla add-on for the browser or for NVDA? 

Gene

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 5:53 PM

Rui Fontes

Gene

Gene

Rui

Gene

Gene

Hello,

Anyone have suggestions?

Quentin Christensen

Yes, it's a command from the Mozilla Apps Enhancements add-on for NVDA:  https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/mozillaScripts.en.html

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 12:40 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Then it isn't an NVDA command.  Is the Mozilla add-on for the browser or for NVDA? 

Gene

Rui Fontes

Gene

Gene

Rui

Gene

Gene

Hello,

Anyone have suggestions?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Gene

Which explains why it only works with Firefox. 

Gene

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 7:52 PM

Yes, it's a command from the Mozilla Apps Enhancements add-on for NVDA:  https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/mozillaScripts.en.html

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 12:40 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

Gene

Rui Fontes

Gene

Gene

Rui

Gene

Gene

Hello,

Anyone have suggestions?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager