Topics

List of Tabs "NOT Available Here"

kelby carlson

Hello,

I have noticed that recently when I am in Firefox and press NVDA+F6, NVDA says "not available here". I've reset Firefox and NVDA's configuration to no avail. I am running the latest Windows 10, and have not yet updated to NVDA 2019.3.

Anyone have suggestions?

Gene

There is no NVDA f6 command.  You are using a browser command, f6 to move from pane to pane or to different structures in the program.  Just use F6.

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:27 AM
Subject: [nvda] List of Tabs "NOT Available Here"

Hello,

I have noticed that recently when I am in Firefox and press NVDA+F6, NVDA says "not available here". I've reset Firefox and NVDA's configuration to no avail. I am running the latest Windows 10, and have not yet updated to NVDA 2019.3.

Anyone have suggestions?

kelby carlson

I mistyped, I was using NVDA+F8.

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:27 AM

Hello,

I have noticed that recently when I am in Firefox and press NVDA+F6, NVDA says "not available here". I've reset Firefox and NVDA's configuration to no avail. I am running the latest Windows 10, and have not yet updated to NVDA 2019.3.

Anyone have suggestions?

Gene

I am not aware of such a command and when I do it, nothing happens.  It also has no response in input help.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:34 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] List of Tabs "NOT Available Here"

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:27 AM

Hello,

I have noticed that recently when I am in Firefox and press NVDA+F6, NVDA says "not available here". I've reset Firefox and NVDA's configuration to no avail. I am running the latest Windows 10, and have not yet updated to NVDA 2019.3.

Anyone have suggestions?

Rui Fontes

I suppose he want to say NVDA+F7...

Rui

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:34 PM

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:27 AM

Hello,

I have noticed that recently when I am in Firefox and press NVDA+F6, NVDA says "not available here". I've reset Firefox and NVDA's configuration to no avail. I am running the latest Windows 10, and have not yet updated to NVDA 2019.3.

Anyone have suggestions?

Gene

Before resetting things and losing settings, if that's what happened, the first thing to do is to try the command in another browser.  What happens if you do?

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:34 PM

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:27 AM

Hello,

I have noticed that recently when I am in Firefox and press NVDA+F6, NVDA says "not available here". I've reset Firefox and NVDA's configuration to no avail. I am running the latest Windows 10, and have not yet updated to NVDA 2019.3.

Anyone have suggestions?

Gene

The reason for doing that is to try to find out if the problem is with Firefox or NVDA.

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 2:26 PM

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:34 PM

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:27 AM

Hello,

I have noticed that recently when I am in Firefox and press NVDA+F6, NVDA says "not available here". I've reset Firefox and NVDA's configuration to no avail. I am running the latest Windows 10, and have not yet updated to NVDA 2019.3.

Anyone have suggestions?

kelby carlson

NVDA+F8 is indeed a command and it opens a list of the currently active tabs in a browser window. I have a home and work computer, and it works on my home computer and not my work computer. It does not work with Internet explorer, but Firefox is the only other browser on my work computer.,

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 2:26 PM

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:34 PM

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:27 AM

Hello,

I have noticed that recently when I am in Firefox and press NVDA+F6, NVDA says "not available here". I've reset Firefox and NVDA's configuration to no avail. I am running the latest Windows 10, and have not yet updated to NVDA 2019.3.

Anyone have suggestions?

Rui Fontes

Correct! It is a command from the Mozilla add-on...

Here is working alright...

Rui Fontes

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 2:26 PM

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:34 PM

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:27 AM

Hello,

I have noticed that recently when I am in Firefox and press NVDA+F6, NVDA says "not available here". I've reset Firefox and NVDA's configuration to no avail. I am running the latest Windows 10, and have not yet updated to NVDA 2019.3.

Anyone have suggestions?

Gene

Nothing happened when I tried it.  I don't recall which browser I tried it with but there was no error message nor any response.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 5:45 PM

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 2:26 PM

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:34 PM

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:27 AM

Hello,

I have noticed that recently when I am in Firefox and press NVDA+F6, NVDA says "not available here". I've reset Firefox and NVDA's configuration to no avail. I am running the latest Windows 10, and have not yet updated to NVDA 2019.3.

Anyone have suggestions?

Gene

Then it isn't an NVDA command.  Is the Mozilla add-on for the browser or for NVDA?

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 2:26 PM

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:34 PM

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:27 AM

Hello,

I have noticed that recently when I am in Firefox and press NVDA+F6, NVDA says "not available here". I've reset Firefox and NVDA's configuration to no avail. I am running the latest Windows 10, and have not yet updated to NVDA 2019.3.

Anyone have suggestions?

Quentin Christensen

Yes, it's a command from the Mozilla Apps Enhancements add-on for NVDA:  https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/mozillaScripts.en.html

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 2:26 PM

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:34 PM

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:27 AM

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Gene

Which explains why it only works with Firefox.

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 7:52 PM

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 2:26 PM

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:34 PM