Topics

Looking for a NVDA Add-on to have this funcion

Sim Kah Yong

Dear all,

I wish to be able to perform the following funcion and hope one of you can suggest an add-on for me.

Take the Zoom desktop app as an example.

I wish to be able to define the top right hand corner which shows "my connected time" and assign a hotkey to read the focus portion of the screen as an dwhen I need to. I relize that the Golden Cursor add-on is able to do it, but it does not allow me to assign hotkey to read out defined portion of screen. Hope I have explained myself clearly and looking forward to any suggestions or ideas. Thanks.

Rui Fontes

This is equivalent to the active frame, or something like that, of Jaws...

I think it is very usefull in certain situations...

I think we can do it in NVDA in two ways, at least...

1 - Using the OCR facility in NVDA and Windows 10, allow the creation of a frame, by positioning the mouse or entering the left upper corner and right lower corner coordinates, and then performing OCR to that location;

2 - Determining the navigation object and his location, announcing the text...

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 00:54 de 24/12/2020, Sim Kah Yong escreveu:

Dear all,

I wish to be able to perform the following funcion and hope one of you can suggest an add-on for me.

Take the Zoom desktop app as an example.

I wish to be able to define the top right hand corner which shows "my connected time" and assign a hotkey to read the focus portion of the screen as an dwhen I need to. I relize that the Golden Cursor add-on is able to do it, but it does not allow me to assign hotkey to read out defined portion of screen. Hope I have explained myself clearly and looking forward to any suggestions or ideas. Thanks.

Andre Fisher

Hi.

I've not tried this myself, but wouldn't this be possible using review cursor? How it would work, you'd put the review cursor on the control you'd like to monitor, then turn off the review cursor moving due to caret movement, then turn off the navigator object moving due to focus changes (NVDA+6 and NVDA+7 respectively). Now, you would be able to, say, use Numpad 8 to review the text of the navigator object that you have left the review cursor on, while you go about your business doing other things.

Sounds a little complicated, I know, but it's worth a shot.