Topics

Looking for accessible PDF editors

Mária Orovčíková

Hello list,
please, are there any PDF Editors available that are accessible with the latest NVDA and Windows 10?
I need to fill in an application form which is in PDF format only, so I am looking for either an accesible PDF editor or a way how to convert the file into accessible format to fill in, but the formating as in original document *must* be preserved. It is the application form for the city council where I live, that's why formatting is so infortant.
I do not have sighted person around all the time, and I would like to do it on my own if possible.
Thank you very much in advance.
Maria

Akash Kakkar

Following up

On 8/15/20, Mária Orovčíková <maria.orovcikova@...> wrote:
Hello list,
please, are there any PDF Editors available that are accessible with the
latest NVDA and Windows 10?
I need to fill in an application form which is in PDF format only, so I
am looking for either an accesible PDF editor or a way how to convert
the file into accessible format to fill in, but the formating as in
original document *must* be preserved. It is the application form for
the city council where I live, that's why formatting is so infortant.
I do not have sighted person around all the time, and I would like to do
it on my own if possible.
Thank you very much in advance.
Maria

Tyaseta Rabita Nugraeni Sardjono <tyasetarabita@...>

For edit pdf can use Adobe acrobat dc, nitro pdf, foxit reader

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020, 12:05 Mária Orovčíková <maria.orovcikova@...> wrote:
Hello list,
please, are there any PDF Editors available that are accessible with the
latest NVDA and Windows 10?
I need to fill in an application form which is in PDF format only, so I
am looking for either an accesible PDF editor or a way how to convert
the file into accessible format to fill in, but the formating as in
original document *must* be preserved. It is the application form for
the city council where I live, that's why formatting is so infortant.
I do not have sighted person around all the time, and I would like to do
it on my own if possible.
Thank you very much in advance.
Maria

Akash Kakkar

None of them is accessible for editting purpose

wrote:

Hello list,
please, are there any PDF Editors available that are accessible with the
latest NVDA and Windows 10?
I need to fill in an application form which is in PDF format only, so I
am looking for either an accesible PDF editor or a way how to convert
the file into accessible format to fill in, but the formating as in
original document *must* be preserved. It is the application form for
the city council where I live, that's why formatting is so infortant.
I do not have sighted person around all the time, and I would like to do
it on my own if possible.
Thank you very much in advance.
Maria

Tyaseta Rabita Nugraeni Sardjono <tyasetarabita@...>

What you say is not right. I tried all of them. Extreemly accessible.

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020, 13:40 Akash Kakkar <akash.misc07@...> wrote:
None of them is accessible for editting purpose

On 8/15/20, Tyaseta Rabita Nugraeni Sardjono <tyasetarabita@...> wrote:
> For edit pdf can use Adobe acrobat dc, nitro pdf, foxit reader
>
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2020, 12:05 Mária Orovčíková <maria.orovcikova@...>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello list,
>> please, are there any PDF Editors available that are accessible with the
>> latest NVDA and Windows 10?
>> I need to fill in an application form which is in PDF format only, so I
>> am looking for either an accesible PDF editor or a way how to convert
>> the file into accessible format to fill in, but the formating as in
>> original document *must* be preserved. It is the application form for
>> the city council where I live, that's why formatting is so infortant.
>> I do not have sighted person around all the time, and I would like to do
>> it on my own if possible.
>> Thank you very much in advance.
>> Maria

Akash Kakkar

Not at all.
I've just again tried foxit and nitro and they are not at all accessible.
can you proov your claim by providing a audio recording?

wrote:

Hello list,
please, are there any PDF Editors available that are accessible with
the
latest NVDA and Windows 10?
I need to fill in an application form which is in PDF format only, so
am looking for either an accesible PDF editor or a way how to convert
the file into accessible format to fill in, but the formating as in
original document *must* be preserved. It is the application form for
the city council where I live, that's why formatting is so infortant.
I do not have sighted person around all the time, and I would like to
do
it on my own if possible.
Thank you very much in advance.
Maria

Tyaseta Rabita Nugraeni Sardjono <tyasetarabita@...>

No, I can't proof with record audio because now I am using windows 7 ultimate I was use them all when I was at national vocational disabilities use windows 10 pro. I just can proof in judgement day if I lie or not.

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020, 14:53 Akash Kakkar <akash.misc07@...> wrote:
Not at all.
I've just again tried foxit and nitro and they are not at all accessible.
can you proov your claim by providing a audio recording?

On 8/15/20, Tyaseta Rabita Nugraeni Sardjono <tyasetarabita@...> wrote:
> What you say is not right. I tried all of them. Extreemly accessible.
>
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2020, 13:40 Akash Kakkar <akash.misc07@...> wrote:
>
>> None of them is accessible for editting purpose
>>
>> On 8/15/20, Tyaseta Rabita Nugraeni Sardjono <tyasetarabita@...>
>> wrote:
>> > For edit pdf can use Adobe acrobat dc, nitro pdf, foxit reader
>> >
>> > On Sat, Aug 15, 2020, 12:05 Mária Orovčíková
>> > <maria.orovcikova@...

Mária Orovčíková

Hello,
yes, it is all the same for me.
These two applications are not accessible at all.
Maria
,

Odoslané z iPhonu

Dňa 15. 8. 2020 o 9:52 užívateľ Akash Kakkar <akash.misc07@...> napísal:

wrote:

Hello list,
please, are there any PDF Editors available that are accessible with
the
latest NVDA and Windows 10?
I need to fill in an application form which is in PDF format only, so
am looking for either an accesible PDF editor or a way how to convert
the file into accessible format to fill in, but the formating as in
original document *must* be preserved. It is the application form for
the city council where I live, that's why formatting is so infortant.
I do not have sighted person around all the time, and I would like to
do
it on my own if possible.
Thank you very much in advance.
Maria

David Griffith

It is not strictly speaking native PDF editing but of course the subscription/later versions of Microsoft Word are perfectly able to open PDF documents for both reading / editing  providing the original PDF is in an accessible format and not a scanned image.
Given the Office standard is widely acknowledged I suspect this would be acceptable to most application providers.
For your purposes you would probably need to re-export the  completed application  document in word back into PDF format otherwise it will try to save in an Office format.
David Griffith