Looking for accessible video recording software that supports screen recording

Pranav Lal

Hi all,

I want to make videos for posting on youtube. I however need accessible
software that will allow me to record my voice and to show what is happening
on the screen.

Can anyone suggest such a program? Open source or free is better but I am
willing to pay.
Pranav

Debut Video Capcha: https://debut-video-capture.en.softonic.com/

This is a pay software. By the way, I also want to have a free one too so I appreciated with any of your help.

Cuong

Đặng Mạnh Cường
Chuyên viên công nghệ trợ giúp
Trung tâm hướng nghiệp và công nghệ trợ giúp cho người mù Sao Mai
52/22 Huỳnh Thiện Lộc, P. Hòa Thạnh, Q. Tân Phú, TP. HCM
Điện thoại: 028-7302-4488
E-mail: tech@saomaicenter.org
Website: http://www.trungtamsaomai.org; http://www.saomaicenter.org
Điện thoại di động / Zalo: 0902-572-300
E-mail: dangmanhcuong@gmail.com; cuong@saomaicenter.org
Skype: dangmanhcuong
Twitter: ManhCuongTech

On 6/12/2021 11:49 PM, Pranav Lal wrote:
Hi all,

I want to make videos for posting on youtube. I however need accessible
software that will allow me to record my voice and to show what is happening
on the screen.

Can anyone suggest such a program? Open source or free is better but I am
willing to pay.
Pranav

Sascha Cowley

I have also used Debut in the past, and it was fairly accessible, though this was more than 5 years ago at this point.
The official link is https://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/

Edited

Have you considered playing with the Xbox Game Bar that's built in to Windows 10?  The name is a bit offputting, but it was initially thought of as a way for gamers to record game play, but you can use it to record anything.

You can record what's happening on the screen, sound from the computer, and add your own voice narration if you so choose.  Given that it is a Windows built-in it should be accessible.

Keyboard shortcuts for Xbox Game Bar - support.microsoft.com

      ~ Brian Vogel

Sascha Cowley

I also had a bit of a play with this last year, and found it to be a bit fiddly to use with NVDA. From memory, you can only record a single program with this solution though.

On 2021-06-13 08:17, Brian Vogel wrote:
Have you considered playing with the Xbox Game Bar that's built in to Windows 10.  The name is a bit offputting, but it was initially thought of as a way for gamers to record game play, but you can use it to record anything.

You can record what's happening on the screen, sound from the computer, and add your own voice narration if you so choose.  Given that it is a Windows built-in it should be accessible.

Keyboard shortcuts for Xbox Game Bar - support.microsoft.com

      ~ Brian Vogel

Pranav Lal

Hi Brian,

I had forgotten about the Xbox bar. Thanks for reminding me  and it is the first thing I will try.

Pranav

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías

Hi all.
Yes, the game bar of Windows10 is good for record a window.
Also, I use OBS Studio, an application open source. A part is accessible with the sistem focus, in the part of choose a source (select the screen, the camera, etc) you need use the object navigation of NVDA.
Official website: https://obsproject.com

Regards.

Sarah k Alawami

Look for obs. I use this every time I record/stream a video and it has helped, a lot. I'm using it now to record screen caps of bugs I find in a piece of software the dev is working to make accessible.;

Finally, you can support my work on happs, the network of now.

E-mail: dangmanhcuong@...; cuong@...
Skype: dangmanhcuong
Twitter: ManhCuongTech

On 6/12/2021 11:49 PM, Pranav Lal wrote:

Hi all,

I want to make videos for posting on youtube. I however need accessible
software that will allow me to record my voice and to show what is happening
on the screen.

Can anyone suggest such a program? Open source or free is better but I am
willing to pay.
Pranav

Sarah k Alawami

Actually, that has changed with obs 27. All of it is now accessible, and you can even put in, if you know what you are doing, x y values to place your elements. I didn't suggest that to the team, but I've been tryign to work with them for a few years to get where we are.

On 14 Jun 2021, at 8:39, Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías via groups.io wrote:

Hi all.
Yes, the game bar of Windows10 is good for record a window.
Also, I use OBS Studio, an application open source. A part is accessible with the sistem focus, in the part of choose a source (select the screen, the camera, etc) you need use the object navigation of NVDA.
Official website: https://obsproject.com

Regards.

tim

Still needs a lot of work. Just using the defaults tabbing around does move but don't ever shift+tab or your blowing up all over the place. Also its error sometimes read and mostly don't.

The gamebar is still more accessible.

On 6/15/2021 6:59 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Actually, that has changed with obs 27. All of it is now accessible, and you can even put in, if you know what you are doing, x y values to place your elements. I didn't suggest that to the team, but I've been tryign to work with them for a few years to get where we are.

Finally, you can support my work on happs, the network of now.

On 14 Jun 2021, at 8:39, Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías via groups.io wrote:

Hi all.
Yes, the game bar of Windows10 is good for record a window.
Also, I use OBS Studio, an application open source. A part is accessible with the sistem focus, in the part of choose a source (select the screen, the camera, etc) you need use the object navigation of NVDA.
Official website: https://obsproject.com

Regards.

does this program also support cutting some parts of video?
she uses the latest version of nvda,
and she needs one accessible and free program to use with nvda to
delete unnecessary parts of video files.

Actually, that has changed with obs 27. All of it is now accessible,
and you can even put in, if you know what you are doing, x y values to
place your elements. I didn't suggest that to the team, but I've been
tryign to work with them for a few years to get where we are.

[website.](http://www.tffppodcast.com)

Our [discord](http://tiny.cc/d-tffp) is where you will know when we go
live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum) Feel free to give the channel
a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit [my main lbry
page](http://lbry.tv/@ke7zum) and my [tffp lbry
page](http://lbry.tv/@tffp) You will also be able to buy some of my
products and eBooks there.
Finally, you can support my work on [happs, the network of
now.](http://happs.tv/@ke7zum)

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Pranav Lal

Hi Tim,

Many thanks for this input.

Pranav

[...]

George McCoy

The photos app that comes with windows wworks well enough with nvda to cut videos.

wrote:

Hi all.
Yes, the game bar of Windows10 is good for record a window.
Also, I use OBS Studio, an application open source. A part is
accessible with the sistem focus, in the part of choose a source
(select the screen, the camera, etc) you need use the object
navigation of NVDA.
Official website: https://obsproject.com

Regards.

Sarah k Alawami

No it does not but microsoft photoes will do all of that for you. Search on my podcast page for microsoft photos, I think I actually spelled that wrong now that I think about it.

Good luck.

wrote:

Hi all.
Yes, the game bar of Windows10 is good for record a window.
Also, I use OBS Studio, an application open source. A part is
accessible with the sistem focus, in the part of choose a source
(select the screen, the camera, etc) you need use the object
navigation of NVDA.
Official website: https://obsproject.com

Regards.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

I also use Obs, and it is quite accessible, but more work needs to be done to make it more accessible, for example NVDA may not read everything when tabbing around.
Gamebar is good but only if you are going to record a single window. I've used it to record my games.