From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michel Such
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2021 10:21 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Looking for an accessible SDR software

Hi all,

SDR means Software Defined Receiver.

These software are used to drive a digital radio receiver.

I've tried two of them, SDRSharp and HDSDR, but they do'nt seem to be accessible.

Does anyone know of another one?

--

Shaun Oliver

HDSDR is reasonably accessible, but, there are parts of them that are unuseable.

That being

On 26/08/2021 5:55 pm, zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz rambled on about the following:

Hi,

In the hamradio community, nobody cares about accessibility. Even the hamradio logs are somewhat inaccessible.

These software are used to drive a digital radio receiver.

I've tried two of them, SDRSharp and HDSDR, but they do'nt seem to be accessible.

Does anyone know of another one?

 said, there is a script called SDR#Keys which works with SDR Sharp.

--

Tim M

If anyone knows about this stuff its these people at handyHams.

http://handiham.net/

On 8/26/2021 4:20 AM, Michel Such wrote:

Hi all,

SDR means Software Defined Receiver.

These software are used to drive a digital radio receiver.

I've tried two of them, SDRSharp and HDSDR, but they do'nt seem to be accessible.

Does anyone know of another one?

Chris Smart

That is a gross generalization. Michel, I suggest you join blind-hams at groups.io and at least get a fair hearing of your question.

You might still not find one that is accessible, but at least your question will be considered more thoroughly.

In the meantime, check out Web SDR, and access receivers remotely from all over:

http://www.websdr.org/

73

Chris

VE3RWJ

In the hamradio community, nobody cares about accessibility. Even the hamradio logs are somewhat inaccessible.

These software are used to drive a digital radio receiver.

I've tried two of them, SDRSharp and HDSDR, but they do'nt seem to be accessible.

Does anyone know of another one?

--

Chris Smart

Doubt it. Try

www.blindhams.com

and the blind hams group through groups.io.

https://blind-hams.groups.io/g/main

We do things for ourselves over at BlindHams.

HandyHams can help get you licensed though, but even in that case, there are many sources for accessible study materials.

If anyone knows about this stuff its these people at handyHams.

http://handiham.net/

On 8/26/2021 4:20 AM, Michel Such wrote:

Hi all,

SDR means Software Defined Receiver.

These software are used to drive a digital radio receiver.

I've tried two of them, SDRSharp and HDSDR, but they do'nt seem to be accessible.

Does anyone know of another one?

--

Michel Such

Hi Chris,

I already use WebSDRs, in particular this one:

http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/