Looking for assistance,FW: Creating Accessible Documents, and screen reader you can test with.

Judy Jones

Moderator Notes:
Judy, if you don't happen to already be a member of the NVDA Chat Subgroup, I am suggesting you subscribe:  chat+subscribe@nvda.groups.io

Anyone who wants to discuss the specifics of creating Adobe Acrobat Fillable Forms, or Microsoft Word Fillable Forms, should also subscribe to the Chat Subgroup, as both of those topics, while worthy of discussion, are not directly NVDA related and would apply to any screen reader.

Discussion here should be focused on anything anyone may have to offer on testing fillable forms or otherwise accessible forms with NVDA.  How to create those is off-topic for this group.

Hello Listers,

I am seeking assistance for our church’s publication staff, as they are interested in making their Adobe and Word documents accessible with NVDA, yet I haven’t the knowledge on how to help.

I am needing to fill out my own quarterly reports for our Missionary Department, and the Ministers Report is one my husband will be needing to fill out as Evangelism Coordinator.

I have sent the publishing representative, Mr. Kryss Barick, the document the NFB uses in its Accessible Boutique for document creation.

I have also sent him suggested links from Vispero on creating screen reader accessible documents.

He did download NVDA, but  is running into snags, and I am not sure how to help him out.

He has given me permission to forward his responses to me, and I will do the same with any replies.

He has a lot on his plate, so I am offering to assist in passing on any responses related to my query.

I am also attaching the original adobe report that is currently on their web site.  The goal is to get all report forms up on site, and the ministers report is one of the first.

Thank you in advance for solutions to help make accessible documents, or the best solution for him.

Judy Jones