loss of nvda hot keys

Don H

I think it is a known issue that sometimes on what seems to be a ramdom basis the NVDA hot keys stop working. Reloading NVDA for me fixes the problem.
Running the latest version of Win10 with all updates. I am also running NVDA 2021.1. As I said this issue seems to be random but I think the problem is worse with the 2021.1 version of NVDA.

Quentin Christensen

I'm not familiar with the keys suddenly stopping - do you know, is there an issue on GitHub for this?

Firstly, have you restarted your PC after updating NVDA?  And are you using any add-ons?

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Gene

I’ve seenthe issue mentioned now and then.  I haven’t discussed it to any extent because I use Windows 7.  NVDA still supports Windows 7 but I didn’t know if it was a Windows 7 issue mostly.

There are times when this happens to me and I close NVDA from the system tray and run it again.  I haven’t tried control alt n.  That might start NVDA and solve the problem quite efficiently.

Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2021 7:41 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] loss of nvda hot keys

I'm not familiar with the keys suddenly stopping - do you know, is there an issue on GitHub for this?

Firstly, have you restarted your PC after updating NVDA?  And are you using any add-ons?

Quentin.

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 2:57 AM Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
I think it is a known issue that sometimes on what seems to be a ramdom
basis the NVDA hot keys stop working.  Reloading NVDA for me fixes the
problem.
Running the latest version of Win10 with all updates.  I am also running
NVDA 2021.1.  As I said this issue seems to be random but I think the
problem is worse with the 2021.1 version of NVDA.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Pranav Lal

Hi all,

I can reproduce this with a fair degree of consistency.

  1. Use the program keypass 2.
  2. Copy and paste some user names and passwords into chrome or firefox.
  3. After about 10 to 15 instances of copy and pasting credentials, NVDA’s hotkeys should fail to respond. The best way to check this is to see if the nvda key + q exits nvda. If it does not, you know that the hotkeys are stuck.

You then have to restart nvda for the functionality to be restored.

Pranav