Topics

Mary TTS in other languages (was: SpeechHub matters - answers to recent questions)

Arno Schuh

Hi,

the Mary TTS in SpeechHub only offers english voices.
I know that there are a lot of other languages, i. e. German, for Mary TTS available, too.
Is it possible to get these languages in SpeechHub Mary TTS?
Is it difficult to add additional languages to Mary TTS or is it possible to do it myself? I have no knowledge in writing software.

Yours sincerely

Arno

Devin Prater

Hasn't speechhub basically been abandoned?

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 18, 2016, at 11:24 AM, Arno Schuh <arno.schuh@in-trier.de> wrote:

Hi,

the Mary TTS in SpeechHub only offers english voices.
I know that there are a lot of other languages, i. e. German, for Mary TTS available, too.
Is it possible to get these languages in SpeechHub Mary TTS?
Is it difficult to add additional languages to Mary TTS or is it possible to do it myself? I have no knowledge in writing software.

Yours sincerely

Arno

Arno Schuh

Even if so - if it only needs to put some files into a specific folder to add another voice, no update of the main software is needed.
Of course if recompiling the whole software is needed for any additional Mary TTS voice - forget it.