Topics

Maximum number of characters on one line

Eilana Benish

Hello

why in NVDA, user can't change the Maximum number of characters on one line from mor then 250 Characters?

Allowing this feature will help in very long and complex documents When the user wants to read the entire line with NVDA and up arrow?

--

ובכבוד רב | Sincerely,

אילנה בניש מורשה נגישות שירות 2200 | Eilana Benish, service Accessibility authorized (2200)

ניהול פרויקטים – נגישות ושמישות אינטרנט וטכנולוגיות מידע  | Projects manager – Accessibility & usability on internet and ICT

📱 +972-50-7100367 | 📧 benish.ilana@...

Luke Robinett

To be honest, I’ve never even understood what that setting means or what it even correlates to. Maximum characters for what? Isn’t NVDA just reading whatever you are telling it to? Something I could obviously use more education on.

On Oct 17, 2020, at 8:57 PM, Eilana Benish <benish.ilana@...> wrote:

Hello

why in NVDA, user can't change the Maximum number of characters on one line from mor then 250 Characters?

Allowing this feature will help in very long and complex documents When the user wants to read the entire line with NVDA and up arrow?

--

ובכבוד רב | Sincerely,

אילנה בניש מורשה נגישות שירות 2200 | Eilana Benish, service Accessibility authorized (2200)

ניהול פרויקטים – נגישות ושמישות אינטרנט וטכנולוגיות מידע  | Projects manager – Accessibility & usability on internet and ICT

📱 +972-50-7100367 | 📧 benish.ilana@...

Gene

The browser is what breaks up material into lines on web pages exdcept, of course, where a new paragraph begins. When browse mode or the virtual pc cursor format a page, they ddetermine how many carachters will be on a line. When you set the number of carachters, you are determining how long you want a line to be.