locked Merging cells in Microsoft Word 365

Luciano de Souza

Hello all,
In the menubar, we can find an option to merge an entire row or an entire column.
But suppose a row with six cells. How to merge the second, the third and the forth cells?
I’mam using Windows 10, NVDA 2022.1 and Office 365.
Best regards,
Luciano de Souza

Ravindran V.S.

Hi,

First select all the cells that you need to merge, using “Shift + Right Arrow”

Then, on the menu, select and enter on the merge button.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ravi.

In the menubar, we can find an option to merge an entire row or an entire column.

But suppose a row with six cells. How to merge the second, the third and the forth cells?

I’mam using Windows 10, NVDA 2022.1 and Office 365.

Best regards,

Luciano de Souza

Luciano de Souza

When I press shift+right, being on the cell, I select the next characters, not the next cells.

I’ve tried also ctrl+shift+right, but it failed too.

In the menu, the merge option was unabled since not more then one cell is selected.

Em 10/06/2022 11:11, Ravindran V.S. escreveu:

Hi,

First select all the cells that you need to merge, using “Shift + Right Arrow”

Then, on the menu, select and enter on the merge button.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ravi.

In the menubar, we can find an option to merge an entire row or an entire column.

But suppose a row with six cells. How to merge the second, the third and the forth cells?

I’mam using Windows 10, NVDA 2022.1 and Office 365.

Best regards,

Luciano de Souza

Ravindran V.S.

That means the cell you are in is still under Edit mode.

So, try Pressing “F2”and move to the next cell. And back , and try selecting.

Also, try it after saving the work sheet.

In the menubar, we can find an option to merge an entire row or an entire column.

But suppose a row with six cells. How to merge the second, the third and the forth cells?

I’mam using Windows 10, NVDA 2022.1 and Office 365.

Best regards,

Luciano de Souza

Sarah k Alawami

Select them, then type merge in the action bar, and follow the prompts. This is how I’ve been now doing the merges for a few months now. Love it.  You will select the rows as you do any word with shift plus right arrow.

Good luck and happy Friday. If you do not know how to get to the action bar hit alt q from the work sheet and then type what you want to do. Then down arrow to see the results.

--------

Sarah Alawami

Check out both my story and my journey as I learn to fly blind.