Topics

Microsoft Edge

Don H

Wanting to make the leap to Edge.  Are there any good tutorials to help me get started?  For example can't figure out how to set the home or start up page.

Don, since edge is chromium based, most of what will work for chrome will work for this to.

On 21/10/2020 9:07 am, Don H wrote:
Wanting to make the leap to Edge.  Are there any good tutorials to help me get started?  For example can't figure out how to set the home or start up page.

Rosemarie Chavarria

There's one on the accessibility central site. There's also one on Freedom Scientific's site. It's on the webinars page.

On 10/20/2020 1:07 PM, Don H wrote:
Wanting to make the leap to Edge.  Are there any good tutorials to help me get started?  For example can't figure out how to set the home or start up page.

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Don

is it for the old edge or the new one? I have both on the website at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html <http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html>

When you go to the page jump down by headings until you you get to those tutorials on edge.

Hope it helps.

Gene nz

On 21/10/2020 9:07 am, Don H wrote:
Wanting to make the leap to Edge.  Are there any good tutorials to help me get started?  For example can't figure out how to set the home or start up page.

Don H

Sorry to say your tutorial meems to be out of date as I can not follow your instructions to set the home page.

Hi Don

is it for the old edge or the new one? I have both on the website at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html <http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html>

When you go to the page jump down by headings until you you get to those tutorials on edge.

Hope it helps.

Gene nz

On 21/10/2020 9:07 am, Don H wrote:
Wanting to make the leap to Edge.  Are there any good tutorials to help me get started?  For example can't figure out how to set the home or start up page.

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Don

There are 2 for edge and one is for the new chromium one.

Which one did you use as there are different directions for both.

I just had a quick look at the tutorial for setting a home page in the new chromium browser.

It looks as though when you go into the settings  now you hear tree view  so you have to arrow down to the on startup menu then press the enter key then the tab key.

When the next page comes up you then need to arrow down the page the directions are still the same to set a home page..

I can look and amend if needed in the next few days.

Gene nz