Topics

microsoft edge saying loading compleat

Bobby Vinton

Hay I am using the new Microsoft edge and I was wondering if you could stop nvda from saying loading compleat every time you open or going to a nother web page?  Just let me know

Roger Stewart

If this could be done, I hope it is a toggle as I like to know when the page is completely loaded.
Roger

On 7/30/2020 10:24 AM, Bobby Vinton wrote:
Hay I am using the new Microsoft edge and I was wondering if you could stop nvda from saying loading compleat every time you open or going to a nother web page?  Just let me know

Lino Morales

I don't know if their is a way to do this. Narrator does the same thing.

On 7/30/2020 11:24 AM, Bobby Vinton wrote:
Hay I am using the new Microsoft edge and I was wondering if you could stop nvda from saying loading compleat every time you open or going to a nother web page?  Just let me know

Hi,
A workaround is already available: I know I'm advertising this a lot, but install Windows 10 App Essentials, then open NVDA menu/Preferences/Settings/Object Presentation and turn off "report notifications". If you do turn this off, you won't be able to hear things such as volume changes from File Explorer, notifications from many apps, and so on (technical: this is UIA notification event).
Cheers,
Joseph

I don't know if their is a way to do this. Narrator does the same thing.

On 7/30/2020 11:24 AM, Bobby Vinton wrote:
Hay I am using the new Microsoft edge and I was wondering if you could
stop nvda from saying loading compleat every time you open or going to
a nother web page? Just let me know

Luke Davis

The other thing you can probably do, is replace the phrase "loading complete" with nothing, in one of the pronunciation dictionaries.

Luke

On Thu, 30 Jul 2020, Bobby Vinton wrote:

Hay I am using the new Microsoft edge and I was wondering if you could stop nvda from saying loading compleat every time you open or going to a nother web page?  Just let me know

Bobby Vinton

good I will do that.