Microsoft Excel and NVDA

Eilana Benish

Good morning

I have a serious problem with Microsoft Excel

When using the arrow keys or the tab key, to move between cells in Microsoft Excel, even on the gnu document, NVDA announces the word cell instead of the cell coordinates.

I`M USING THE LAST VERSION OF nvda AND I DID NOT MADE ENNY CHANGES – SO THIS IS WEIRD.

I HOPE MICROSOFT DID NOT MADE UPDATE TO THE MICROSOFT 365 OFFICE THAT COSSES THIS PROBLEM.

--

ובכבוד רב,

אילנה בניש מורשה נגישות שירות 2200

ייעוץ, ליווי והערכת נגישות ושמישות אינטרנט וטכנולוגיות מידע

טלפון ישיר 📱 +972-50-7100367 | דוא"ל 📧 benish.ilana@...

Rui Fontes

Have you checked, in the NVDA configurations, Document formating, to announce cell coordinates?

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 05:30 de 26/05/2021, Eilana Benish escreveu:

Good morning

I have a serious problem with Microsoft Excel

When using the arrow keys or the tab key, to move between cells in Microsoft Excel, even on the gnu document, NVDA announces the word cell instead of the cell coordinates.

I`M USING THE LAST VERSION OF nvda AND I DID NOT MADE ENNY CHANGES – SO THIS IS WEIRD.

I HOPE MICROSOFT DID NOT MADE UPDATE TO THE MICROSOFT 365 OFFICE THAT COSSES THIS PROBLEM.

--

ובכבוד רב,

אילנה בניש מורשה נגישות שירות 2200

ייעוץ, ליווי והערכת נגישות ושמישות אינטרנט וטכנולוגיות מידע

טלפון ישיר 📱 +972-50-7100367 | דוא"ל 📧 benish.ilana@...

I had the same issue yesterday when I tried to create an invoice. I
use Office 2010. I did not have that issue before. Good thing I also
have JAWS as a backup.

מידע*<https://adn-accesstime.com>**

*טלפון ישיר 📱+972-50-7100367| דוא"ל 📧**benish.ilana@gmail.com*
<mailto:benish.ilana@gmail.com>*
*

--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified

How interesting! I just went to check if the cell coordinates are
checked and they were checked so I entered okay. Then I opened an
excel document and found out the arrows work moving from cell to cell.

On 5/26/21, Nevzat Adil via groups.io <nevzatadil=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Hello Rui

thank you for your advice

this is strange I don't remember removing this option from the document formatting options in NVDA.

Now I have checked the options and checked again the check box for announcing the sales coordinations in Microsoft Excel.

Thanks

‫בתאריך יום ד׳, 26 במאי 2021 ב-16:44 מאת ‪Nevzat Adil‬‏ <‪nevzatadil@...‬‏>:‬