Microsoft is Killing Skype Classic on September 1 -

Tyler Wood

Hi,

Discord is...usable. By no means accessible, but you can read chats, switch servers, add servers, join voice channels, etc. All with relative ease.

The hardest part is figuring out how everything is laid out.

On 16-Jul-2018 11:06 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:

Okay, the simple answer, for me, is that no mattter how many accessible options there are, my friends are all either on Skype or Discord, and the latter is still inaccessible last I heard. I can't expect my sighted friends to go to TeamTalk or any other thing, and from the sounds of things it wouldn't be worth it the few times I call anyone.

I mainly use Skype's text chat feature. In current Skype, it is easier to flip between conversations and read the chat history. In Skype 8, which I tried last year, I could not work out how to do either.

On 17/07/2018 7:25 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
This is a serious question from someone who is aware of Skype, and dabbled with it, but never adopted it for regular use:   Why is this such an issue?

It doesn't just seem to me, but it's been confirmed here, that there are many alternatives to Skype many of which are accessible.  It will also be interesting to see what UI interface changes occur, particularly with regard to accessibility, with Skype 8.0.

           ~ Richard Dehmel

Sarah k Alawami

Odd, yeah I can get around it very very quickly. It pretty  much is like skype 8 on the mac, very easy to flip between stuff.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 1:52 PM, John Isige <gwynn@...> wrote:

Pretty sure Skype for Win. 10 doesn't have menus. I'm not talking about Skype 8, but Skype for Win. 10. It mostly works, though it's kind of slow, but I haven't gotten sending files to work from it yet, though I did receive one the other day. If classic's going away, that's what I'll be using and I think that's the one feature I haven't gotten working yet.

On 7/16/2018 15:48, Ervin, Glenn wrote:
I have done it through the menus, I haven't tried a hotkey for it.
Glenn

Have you gotten sending files to work in Skype on Windows 10? If so, how? I'm fairly sure the keystroke is supposed to be shift-ctrl-f to send a file but I've never gotten it to work, it does something else instead, can't recall what at the moment and I'm not on the machine running it to check.

Eleni Vamvakari

I just want to find something with a simple, accessible interface that
I can use for sending messages and making voice calls.

--
Facebook: elvam2167@gmail.com

anyaudio.net: elvam2167

Skype: elvam2167

John Isige

Got any tips then? As an example, if I open up Skype, and pick a
conversation, sometimes it thrashes around with it's messaging model or
whatever until it settles down. Then I have to tab to the actual
conversation and get down to the last messages or tab to the edit field
or whatever. I'm not saying it doesn't work or anything, but it just
seems to take a bit to do stuff.